"I know you're there!" Honey snapped to the trees. The voices instantly went silent. "If you're going to kill me why don't you just come down and do it!"

Honey really wasn't sure what she was expecting to happen. Maybe for one or all of them to jump down and start tearing her limb from limb. Or maybe they'd run off when they realized they'd been noticed. What happened instead was two figures fell from the branches - their dark wings stretched out behind them.

They wore silver armor with the half moon insignia, indicating they were soldier, but around their eyes were black clothes. Honey lifted her branch up higher, bracing herself for their attack, but they didn't reach for their swords. They didn't do much of anything besides look straight forward at Honey - seeing but not seeing.

"I didn't realized Lekki had that sharp of hearing," one of them said. She was the smaller of the two - short haired and cold tongued.

"Are you going to kill me?" Honey asked.

The taller scoffed. "If we wanted you dead, little Lekki, you would not still be standing here now would you?" She cocked a brow and seemed rather proud of herself. Arrogant. That was the perfect word to describe her.

Slowly, Honey lowered her branch. Arrogant was right. But arrogance was also trustworthy. The arrogant didn't feel the need to stoop to dirty tricks, such as attacking her in her sleep. The arrogant stabbed you in the front. Cowards stabbed in the back. For all that it was worth, Honey knew these two Mutare didn't mean her harm.

"Who are you then?" Honey asked. "And why are you here?"

"We're the Raven Sisters," the taller said. "And we've been following you for many days now."

"Many weeks," the shorter corrected.

"Many weeks," the taller said in echo. "We were given orders to watch after our lord by his elder brother. We were just discussing what should be done now." She frowned, pressing her hand to her lips. 

The shorter came closer to Honey. "Do you know where they've gone?"

"I-" Honey choked on her own words. "Hold on. Just give me a moment, alright?" She held up her hand. "You've been following us because... Lukas's older brother wants to watch over him? I'm sorry but why didn't Dai notice you? Are you familiars? Why are you dressed like-"

Both of the Raven Sisters were scowling - their expressions some mix of disgust and offense. Honey didn't know what she'd said to piss them off but it had certainly done the trick.

"We are not impure," the taller said.

"We are not familiars." The shorter crossed her arm and stuck her nose up.

"And we are not your fire god's servants," the taller finished. "We are the Raven Sisters. We are loyal to the Dark Master and we are loyal to the Ice Prince." She lifted a finger. "Those two and those two alone."

Honey paused. It took a moment for the implications of those words to sink in. "So... Dai's your lord?"

"Do not speak his name so-"

"Yes," the taller sister said, cutting off the shorter. "Bliss, you must steady your temper. This Lekki is clearly a friend of our lord and perhaps even... an equal to us." She frowned ever so slightly. "The Woods whisper of one. It claims the Ice Prince has agreed to take another apprentice. How rare."

"I thought you said you could've misheard," the shorter mumbled, crossing her arms... though her name must've been...

"Bliss?" Honey asked. The shorter seemed to start. "And you are...?" She looked at the taller expectantly.

"Alysia," she said.

"Sister!"

"Alysia and Bliss," Honey echoed. "I'm... I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about with apprentices and stuff but... Dai did agree to help me learn a bit of swordplay."

"I see," Alysia said, nodding. "Well, we'll make certain that you live long enough that he can keep his promise to you. Let us make camp."

 Honey beamed.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I've decided my updating schedule is now every day I remember.

This is for you, guy who told me to update as much as possible.

The goal is to have him fully published by September 1st but like, school will start before then so we'll see.

Love y'all, bye!