forty four | fail

•

MELANIE DIDN'T ACCEPT NO FOR AN ANSWER.

No matter how many times Gail said she didn't want a gender-reveal party, Mel didn't listen. Gail couldn't tell her the reason why she didn't want it—she didn't tell her that she couldn't see Santi anymore because his psycho wife threatened her with her life.

So, Gail changes this party's meaning. This is where everything ends. She cuts off her relationship, or whatever it is, with Santi and tells him that she can't see him anymore. All she needs is a solid excuse. She can ask him to stay away until the baby is born but that's not a good solution because she doesn't know what Madison is capable of.

She rests in her bedroom while an organization company prepares the house for the event with her mother and Melanie. She hasn't seen him in two weeks. He left in the morning after staying over, and they occasionally text but that's it. When she invited him over for this party, he said he'd definitely be there.

It's his enthusiasm, willingness and dedication that is slowly killing her inside. He would be an amazing father. There are times that she almost grabs her phone and calls him to tell him everything. She almost convinces herself that Madison cannot touch her if Santi knows but then, she remembers all the things she already attempted and stops. She's the devil. She can easily kill her and Santi can do nothing about this. What about his life? According to the plan, Madison wants to keep him but how can she do that? He doesn't want her. Does she assume he stays if she offers him the whole company? Would he stay for it?

Madison gave her only one week but she didn't call again. Is she cooking up something?

Mel emerges from the door with a grin but as soon as she sees Gail, it fades. "Are you alright?"

Gail tries to chin up and smile but she's sure it looks so fake. "Yeah."

Her friend sits beside her on the bed and touches her leg. "You've been off for a while. I see it...I thought it's a pregnancy thing but please tell me if something is bothering you, honey." Mel gives her a concerned look and Gail wants to give into her call and tell everything but she can't.