thirty two | falling apart

🎵 - Ghost in the Wind by Birdy

GAIL CALLS MELANIE ON HER WAY TO HER APPOINTMENT

Melanie has been staying with her for five days now and she feels sorry for keeping her friend occupied when she should be planning her wedding and spending time with her fiancé. She can't pay her debt to her for being here in her worst days.

Gail asks her friend to go home today, that she's called her mother and she will be staying over for some days until she recovers. Though Melanie protests first, she agrees to it in the end. However, Mel still arranges a dinner together so that she gets to listen to her day—what the therapist and doctor have said.

She sees nightmares at nights and wakes up screaming. They are all related to that night. Melanie is awake with a glass of water and she always listens to her nightmares. This is why she booked an earlier appointment with her therapist. She needs to know how to keep calm without medicine and then, she will also pay a visit to her doctor to check the baby's health. She just hopes her stress doesn't affect her baby much.

Parking her car in the driveway of the building, Gail unlocks the door and walks into the building to meet her therapist. She's just in time, so she enters the room without waiting at all. Her therapist is waiting for her there with her infamous notebook and polite grin she always wears. She's solved the woman by now—she likes listening and only gives advice if needed. She still wonders her notes; what she thinks of her but she never shares her personal opinions.

"Hey Gail," she greets her this time as Gail sits opposite from her seat. "How have you been?"

"Well, things have been rough since gala." The woman shifts in her seat so that she motions her notebook convenient enough to write down and relocates her glasses. This is her cue to share, so she just clears her throat. "That night, I saw Santiago for the first time in a while."

"What have you felt?"

That is also one of this woman's features. She never asks how events happen but how she feels in the meantime. That's refreshing since most people around her are interested in the event itself than her. "Nervous. Angry. Panicked." She relives the scene in her head and contemplates her feelings. Some emotions she feels have no description or doesn't she know sufficient knowledge to name them. "Afraid. Weak." Her eyes begin to water. "Sad." She remembers when she notices him there, talking to people. His Greek statue posture, his calmness, his soft grin. "Jealous." She remembers her first thought: he's there for her. "Happy."