𝟏𝟐 | 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

♥♥

♥♥

Unfortunately, it doesn't help at all. The frown on Mew's face only makes it worse too. He shouldn't have said anything. This is stupid. He's just a student that Mew hangs out with occasionally.

"I can't--" Mew eventually says. "You're my student."

"I know, it was dumb even saying something" Gulf looks down. "I've made this kinda awkward now. I'll just leave. I think that's the best for now. Sorry about that, yeah––"

"Listen, Gulfie" Mew stops him from opening the backdoor of the car. "It's fine, I just, I can't. If I go out drinking with you, I may do something that's not okay."

"What do you even mean?" Gulf presses. "It's just some drinks. We're both old enough to drink."

"It's really unfortunate that you're my student" he laughs bittersweetly. "If you weren't, I would have asked you out on the day we met on that playground."

"Wait -- what?" Gulf says dumbly, not really comprehending what he just heard.

"But the point is that you are, in fact, my student. So I can't go out to drink with you because I may do things that I am not allowed to do as your teacher. Actually, I shouldn't even hang out with you at all but since our kids are friends, it's a grey area that the university accepts. Taking a student out on a date, however, is a hard no. So really, I can't go out to have a drink with you, I'm sorry."

Gulf's jaw has dropped halfway through Mew's speech. He can't really believe that Mew is actually interested in him? And he never realised that the university actually has policies about their teachers being involved with students. 

He always thought that it was simply an unspoken rule rather than actual policies. That, however, slips to the back of his mind and Mew's lips seem much more appealing than thinking about how this is technically against the rules and Mew could get in trouble for this.

"So after this semester, you can take me out?" Gulf inquires, stepping a little closer.

He has to take his chances now, or else, he'll regret it, so he takes a deep breath and channels the little confidence he has, whenever he is around Mew and crowds the elder's personal space.

"You'll have another course with me later on during your studies" Mew argues. "Can you not tempt me?"

"This is tempting?" Gulf grins, leaning down a little.

"You're doing this on purpose" Mew snickers but he doesn't step back. "What's the point of this, if we can't have it anyway? You're just torturing us."

"Want me that much, phi?" the younger teases, not knowing where that just came from.

Maybe that's what makes the elder snap, maybe it's the proximity. Mew suddenly curses under his breath, reaching out with his hands, and pulls the younger closer, crashing their lips together.

It takes Gulf a second, before he can respond, too shocked that the elder actually gave in. Sighing, the younger kisses back, resting his hands on Mew's hips, angling his head better. He wants to deepen the kiss but Mew pulls away too early, his eyes wide, his lips red.

"This" he points at both of them, as he clears his throat. "Is not gonna happen until the end of the semester. We can pretend that we don't know that you're a business student and we'll have to be careful in public. Understood?"

"Understood" Gulf nods. "Just kiss me one more time. I have to spend weeks without your lips on mine, so you better make me remember."

"You're such a brat" Mew shakes his head. "You're gonna be such a handful, I can already tell."

Nevertheless, he kisses him once more but again, it's too short for Gulf's liking. Too soon, he picks up his son, who's still sleeping and says goodbye to the elder, who stares at him, until he's inside the building.

It's hard to believe what just happened.

How is he supposed to wait until the semester is over?

The second half will be so painfully long, he knows he's gonna suffer, especially since their kids will still want to see each other, so that means Mew and him will have to meet as acquaintances.

With a sigh, he accepts his fate of having to wait 8 whole weeks because those include the proofread period after the semester is done. 8 whole weeks and he can finally go out with Mew.

8 weeks.

------

lol they kissed!!

Thoughts on the story so far?

Luv ya and stay safe honeybees ♥