𝟏𝟎 | 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭

🧡❤

🧡❤

"Your brother is really talented!" the instructor lady startles him and Gulf physically jerks, blinking up at her in confusion. "he does well with shapes. You should tell your parents to nurture that talent more!"

"Thanks very much, I actually paint with him a lot" Gulf hums, used to people mistaking him as Panit's brother. "It's a little hobby of myself too."

"Really? Do you want a canvas? We still have some left" she offered, her smile strangely bright.

"I--I mean, if you have spare ones" Gulf shrugs, trying not to be as excited as he actually is.

Quickly, she shuffles away and Gulf's focus averts back to the kids, who are giggling and laughing; Panit is already smeared with paint and he's currently trying to get paint on Aura too but she's taller and stronger than him, so she runs away quickly, leaving Panit pouting.

"You should go for it," Mew suddenly says casually.

"Go for what?"

"That girl was clearly flirting with you" the elder chuckles, his smile lopsided.

"No, she wasn't" the younger frowns.

"She's been glancing at you, ever since we arrived. She indirectly asked you, if Panit is yours, which you didn't specify, so she'll assume he's indeed your brother. She's only engaged conversation by herself with you. All the other parents had to approach her first, until she spoke" Mew analyses. "She's pretty and seems nice. You should go for her."

"I mean--" Gulf's flustered, totally not having noticed that those were her intentions. "She's pretty yeah but like - she's not my type."

"So you have a type?" Mew grins, turning to him bodily, clearly interested in that topic.

The sudden attention makes Gulf blush and he averts his eyes, hating how easily he blushes under the elder's gaze.

"I just- ummm--" he hesitates for a moment, wondering, if he should really tell his professor so much about him but he honestly doesn't care.

"I'm just kinda over girls. Ever since the shit that Panit's mom pulled, I lost interest in them. I usually go for men now. Not that I have time anyway but, you know, I don't look at girls the same way anymore."

For a second, Mew's eyes widen but as always, he's perfectly composed right after, smiling to himself. Gulf doesn't quite understand what that means and he's a little uncomfortable. Maybe the blonde is homophobic?

"Does that bother you?" Gulf asks silently, getting ready to be disappointed.

"Oh no! Not at all. I feel similar, actually. That's why I was a bit surprised and of course, because you speak so openly about it. It's a bit of a sensitive topic to be bisexual as a professor. The university doesn't really like it. They don't mind it but they urge me to not be public about it. They don't want to fire me just because some people feel bothered by my sexuality."

"Wait--, what? Wow, I had no idea. You seemed so straight. But then again, maybe that's because you always wear your wedding band."

"It's the perfect cover" Mew chuckles.

At that moment, the instructor comes back and hands Gulf the canvas and he makes sure to let her know that Panit is his. She gawks at him and it's enough for her to back off. The two men try not to laugh too much.

The younger takes the paint and when he looks up, he notices that Mew's watching their kids with such a fond smile, it makes Gulf want to paint him. Silently, he sketches out the blonde's features, knowing that he needs to hurry, since half of the time has already passed, so he's going for a rough look. As soon as he has the sketch down on the canvas, he starts painting, going for a two colour look.

Easily, he gets lost in his own thoughts, too focused on the painting; he used to paint a lot, locking himself up in his room because he wanted complete solitude to focus better but that's not possible anymore now. He has no time for it.

"Dad, we're done with our painting! Come look!" Aura announces, so Mew gets up and so does Gulf, putting down the paint to go praise the kids.

It's kind of a mess but it's really cute. They both really need to clean up and Gulf offers to go to the bathroom with them.

Aura's done quite quickly and it turns out she likes taking care of people because she really wants to help get all the paint off Panit's face, handing Gulf wet paper towels.

In the end, it takes longer because of that but Gulf finds it so endearing, he lets her help anyways.

------

Hope you are liking the story uptil now!

See ya! Luv ya! ❤❤