𝟓 | 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡

♥♥

♥♥

"Oh, I see. Have you been divorced recently?--- Wait, am I too forward? You don't have to answer, I --"

"It's fine, Gulf. We're not on campus. I'm just like any other dad on this playground" he smiles a little. "My wife died in a car accident three years ago."

"Oh my god, I am so sorry I asked" Gulf frowns deeply, feeling bad for bringing it up.

"I wouldn't have answered you if I didn't feel comfortable with it" the professor points out. "How about we grab some lunch? I'm sure the kids are hungry. You can tell me all about your wild weekends."

If any of the students at university would see the four of them together, they would probably think that they are lookalikes and not the actual Professor Suppasit and his student with two small kids.

It's a little odd at first but Aura and Panit thrilled that they can also spend lunch with each other, somehow clicking well. They chose a restaurant that has a playground, so the kids can go play once they're done with their food. 

It feels so strangely adult-like to sit on a table with another parent, as their children play together.

While they talk, Gulf finds out a lot about his professor. The elder met his wife in high school and their parents wanted them to be together, so they got married. 

He loved her and her death hurt him a lot but he's over it now. His parents supported him a lot when he was still studying and Gulf envies that a lot.

"I know you're on scholarship. How do you manage everything? It took me a while to find a kindergarten that's open long enough, so Aura can stay there until I get her. Back in the day, I had my parents pick her up" the professor wonders.

"The nursery school Panit goes to technically close at 4 pm but one of the teachers stays behind until I pick him up. She's really my savior" Gulf smiles bashfully.

"I work in the afternoons, which is why I take early classes. I have to pay for everything myself so without that teacher staying back, I wouldn't be able to work and then I wouldn't be able to afford everything. 

Sure, I could also work weekends but I also want to spend some time with Panit, you know? He only has me."

"If you don't mind me asking, where's his mom?"

"Left one day" Gulf snorts. "I came home to a note and a crying Panit. He was only one year old."

"That sucks" the elder sighs, making the younger widen his eyes; he hasn't heard his professor speak so casually yet.

It's strange how it doesn't feel like the blonde is his teacher at the moment. Right now, they are dads that are connecting with each other through their hardships. Grinning to himself, Gulf averts his eyes, watching the kids play.

"If you want, I can ask if there's a spot in the nursery school next to Aura's kindergarten. They're open pretty late too and a friend of mine works there. I can only recommend them" the elder offers.

"I--- it depends on where it's located. I need to get there quickly enough from my workplace and it shouldn't be too far away from my apartment either but like-- that would be really nice. You're much less intimidating in an everyday setting than at university."

At the last comment, the professor laughs out loud, throwing his body onto the table and Gulf wants to coo.

Sry a very short chap. 

Hope you all stay safe!