𝟏𝟑 | 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬

•∗•∗•∗•

•∗•∗•∗•

Staring at his computer intensely, Gulf's sitting on his sofa with his arms crossed, tapping his fingers against his bicep impatiently. The results of their exams are supposed to be online at 10 am sharp.

It's currently 9:59 am. He better fucking pass this exam. He's studied so hard for it, not wanting to risk a chance of having to repeat Mew's course. Biting his bottom lip nervously, he keeps refreshing the page; after all, he knows the system always shuts down because too many students check their grades at the same time, so he just wants to make sure to get into the website, before it's down.

"Daddy, look what I painted!" Panit says, holding up his drawing proudly.

"Hold on, buddy, I'll have a look in a second, I promise. This is important" he tries but the younger gets all whiny and defiant.

Getting up, he holds his drawing right in front of the screen, pouting. Scowling, Gulf looks at his son and despite him looking adorable, when he's displeased with something, this is not okay.

Knowing that he's lost his chance to get into the system now anyway, Gulf takes the drawing and closes his laptop. At first, Panit grins in victory, thinking that his father would look at the drawing but instead, Gulf turned it around and put it on the table.

"Panit Kannawut, come sit down" Gulf orders softly but firmly.

Immediately, the small one realizes that he's being scolded and lowers his head. Gulf hates scolding and he's glad he doesn't have to do it often just yet. Panit listens well; the only occasions where Gulf needs to scold him in situations like these, where he's being selfish. 

He doesn't even know if it's worth scolding him for yet because he's still so young but Gulf just goes with his instincts on this.

"You know how much I love looking at your drawing" he starts and Panit nods slowly, not daring to look up. "But sometimes, I have other things to do. Important things like checking whether I passed my exams or not. You have to be patient sometimes. You can't always have what you want right away. Now daddy missed his chance to look at his grades."

"I'm sorry" Panit sniffles genuinely, clearly close to crying.

God, Gulf hates making him cry. It hurts so much, he wonders how he's gonna properly put his son in place, once he's hit puberty and rebels against him.

"Just remember it for the next time, okay?" he says, cupping his son's face gently, smiling at him encouragingly. "I'm not mad at you but you understand what I mean, yeah?"

Nodding, Panit tries his hardest not to cry but the tears fall anyways and Gulf can't help but pull him close and cradle him. He can't bear seeing his son cry, even if it's because he's done something wrong.

Eventually, he also looks at the drawing and he has to smile at it. Panit's drawn Gulf and him but also Mew and Aura.

The two kids have spent a lot of time together over the past few weeks. Mew managed to get Panit a spot at the nursery school next to the kindergarten Aura goes to and since they're the only kids waiting for their parents for so long, the employees decided to let them play together.

It's really cute how well they get along. Gulf's pretty sure that Panit likes Aura as a sister and also as a friend too and it's so adorable how he's been all stuttered towards her recently. Innocent love like that is admirable.

Since their kids want to spend so much time together, Mew and Gulf ultimately spent at least every second weekend together. While Gulf's enjoyed every second of it, sometimes the tension between them has been too much to handle.

Once, he almost threw his plate off the table because their hands brushed against each other. Every time Mew touches him in the slightest, Gulf jumps, as a shiver runs down his spine, because he's so hyper-aware of the elder around him.

The worst part about it all is that Mew is doing it on purpose. He knows what effect he has on Gulf and clearly, he's having fun with it. Especially because he's much more composed in public.

His phone suddenly buzzes, so he pulls it out of his back pocket, opening the message and breathes in sharply. Mew has texted him.

Get your friend to babysit Panit tonight. I'm taking you out on a date x

"Hey, wanna spend some time with Techo tonight?" Gulf says, still staring at his phone, his insides turning in anticipation.

-------

you like it??

nxt update on 45 votes ❤😋 

Luv ya stay safe ❤❤