Chapter 09

The next morning Jack woke up Shay’s face buried into his chest a smile plastered on his face, he quietly got up hovering her looking over at Roo poking her.

“Roo, wake up its morning”

Roo mumbled burying her head into Alex’s chest.

“Roo, please? The ring?”

“No, five more minutes.”

Jack grumbled quietly, “Would food work to get you up?”

“Waffles?”

“I guess, please get up before they do?”

“Fine”

    Roo got up quietly grunting as she grumpily walked toward her bag digging out some clothes slipping quietly into the bathroom, Jack checked on Shay smiling seeing she was still asleep.

“Alright, food. Come on.”

Roo grinned skipping toward the front, Jack closed the door to the bunk area walking off the bus after telling one of the grownups they were going out and why they were going out and to strictly keep it secret from Alex and Shay.

“So how are we getting there?”

“I called up a taxi, should be here any minute.”

“Good choice.”

             Jack and Roo got into the taxi moments later, “Nearest waffle house.”

“Yay!” She clapped, “So how are you going to propose? Spill dude.”

“Maybe go for a walk and stop her when she least expects it.” He smiled.

“Nawhh”

  They were inside the mall moments later walking around, Roo found a dippin dots stand her eyes went wide, “Please Jack? Can we go over and get some dippin dots? Maybe the Rainbow flavor?”

Jack grumbled.

“Fine, lead the way.”

Roo bounced over happily with a smile at her face as she stood in front of the stand.

“What flavor would you like?”

“Rainbow.”

The woman handed her a bowl smiling as Roo handed her the change she smiled walking back over to where Jack was standing who was looking in the glass at a jewelry store she took a bite of her ice cream.

“See anything?”

“No, I just cant believe I’m doing this shit.”

Roo laughed, “Here comes the nerves its normal you have nothing to worry about now lets pick nibs a ring out.”

She grabbed his arm dragging him inside the store smiling widely seeing all the rings as someone approached them smiling.

“May I help you?”

Roo shook her head, “Just looking around at the moment.”

“Well if you two need anything let me know”

Jack ran his fingers through his hair nervously as Roo walked around looking through the glass with all the rings lined up, she looked over her shoulder toward Jack who seemed a little nervous still her eyes stopped at a ring.

“Jack, this one is perfect, she’d love it.”

“Are you sure?”

Roo glared at him, “I’m her best friend of course I’m sure.”

“We’ll take this one.” Roo beamed.

“Should I wrap it up or do you want to wear it out?”

Jack’s eyes went wide, Roo smiled.

“I’m already married” She smiled holding her hand up with a ring placed on her finger, the lady smiled.

“We’re just shopping for his fiancée.”

“Oh, well congratulations.”

“Thanks” Jack mumbled as he slid his credit card in to pay for the item once they were both done Jack put the box in his pocket sighing in relief as they walked out of the store deciding to stay there and see if he wanted to get Shay anything else.