chapter 2: monogram gucci

10th April 2021

chapter 2: monogram gucci

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter 2: monogram gucci

• • •

Orion mall was a blitz of bright light among the quickly darkening sky.

As Junaid bhai pulled the car up beside the entrance, Amirah and I got off so that he could go and park it underground. He was still pulling Amirah's leg as he drove away, laughing about his "mystery girl". I knew Junaid Asfour for far too long to be worried, but Amirah wasn't one to give up. Falak's tall frame arrived soon after and was amused at Amirah's insistence that we abandon shopping and go spying on her brother.

"What are you talking about? Why is she suddenly into spy-mode?" Falak asked her, raising an eyebrow at me.

"It's because Junaid bhai let slip that he was meeting a girl here at the food court." I told her as Amirah fanned her face. "She's exaggerating a little, I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about."

"You never know about people these days." Amirah huffed. "I'm scared for my brother."

"Nah, I don't think Junaid bhai is someone like that." Falak shook her head, agreeing with me.

"Besides, he seemed pretty chill about it." I told them. "If what we're thinking is true, he should've been nervous and wouldn't have let us know anything."

"Exactly." Falak agreed. "Now come on, we've got so many things to do today!"

Amirah, as promised, dragged us towards Cold Stone Ice Creams first. The friendly cashier girl took our order and asked us to wait. We were sitting at one of the tables when I noticed something weird — a group of men were climbing up the escalator, dressed from head to toe in formals.

"I never knew malls were used for business meetings too." I wondered, loud enough for just Falak and Amirah to hear.

"I know right?" Falak replied, her tone laced with curiosity as she casted a glance their way. "I saw them enter the mall when I was getting off the bus. It was like in a movie, there was an imported car and the main guy got off and they walked with him like a human shield."

"They look like they're here for something serious though." Amirah interjected.

"That's why they look so out of place." I chuckled. "I hope they're not here for a meeting with Junaid bhai, I don't see any females among them. But malls are for people to enjoy — not to work at."

"Businessmen have always given me haughty vibes." Amirah scrunched her nose. "Walking around in those tock-tock shoes."

"Tock-tock!" Falak imitated as I burst out laughing.

"That's what it sounds like when they walk on their clean, white, marble floors." Amirah grinned. "It's worse than high heels, I'm telling you."

"Yeah, with a blazer so rigid it gives them bruised elbows when they want to shake hands." I rolled my eyes. "And a tie that strangles them."