Realizations

Hey everyone! I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in so long.. I've been meaning to but work has had me so busy, plus all my schooling is crazy. I made this chapter extra long as an apology, nearly 2000 works. I'm so thankful and happy for all the comments and messages I've been getting. You guys are all so great! Let me know what you all think of this chapter, and I'll try my hardest not to be such a slacker on updating I swear! Much love, XOXO

Elena was surprised by Kol pulling her into his lap and wrapping his arms around her, but she'd never felt more comfortable in her life. Even after being choked against a wall and yelled at, she felt safe right there with her face tucked into his neck.

They sat together like that for what felt like hours when Kol's head shot up and he gasped, causing Elena to jump. His eye's settled on her neck; where a purple bruise had formed in the shape of his hand.

"You.. Elena you bruised.." He whispered softly to her while placing his hand there.

She winced at the contact but was confused as to why he brought it up. "Of course I bruised Kol, I'm a huma-" Kol cut her off before she could finish.

"But you're not human, Elena! You're dead.. You shouldn't be bruising.." He said to her slowly while staring at the mark on her neck.

Elena stared at him, her mouth slowly closing and opening; trying to form words but nothing came out. She had no idea what to tell him, she didn't know why she was bruising. A thought came to her mind as she sat there thinking and she finally spoke. 

"Bruising doesn't happen unless you have blood running through your veins.. But if I'm dead I shouldn't have blood in me, right?" She asked him quietly.

Kol thought it over as he stared at her and only one thought came to his mind, "Elena.. do you happen to have a very powerful witch as a friend?"

"My best friend Bonnie is a witch?" She answered.

"Bonnie? What's her last name?" He asked as he thought of the most powerful witch blood line's he'd met over the centuries.

"Bennett.. Bonnie Bennett" Elena replied quietly.

"You're close with a Bennett? That really explains it.. She probably put a spell on your body to keep in partially alive, So she can figure out a way to bring you back.. Having a Bennett witch on your side is an extremely good thing over here, Elena."  He told her while trying to think of all the spells the witch might be struggling to find that she could use.

"I know she's been trying to figure out a way to bring me back, I was watching them for the first bit after I.. died. She was really struggling, the one hundred witches weren't helping her either because bringing someone back is-" Kol cut her off quickly before the next words had the chance to leave her mouth.

"One hundred witches? What do you mean? She has one hundred witches on her side and she still hasn't brought you back?" He asked sharply.

"Not really.. It's one hundred dead witches.. She practice's magic in this big house where one hundred witches died and that's where they're keeping my body since the witches hate Klaus, they'd hide me if he ever stumbled across the house." Elena told him sheepishly.

"That's genius, most witches really do hate dear old Niklaus. Why are the witches not helping her?" Kol questioned

"I don't really know the whole story, one time when I was watching Bonnie figure things out.. she contacted one of the dead witches, and afterwards she was mumbling things about Klaus' curse, how the ritual wasn't really completed.. something about my blood.." She told him in a hushed voice.