Secrets of the Other Side

I'm sooo sorry I didn't update when I said I would. I was writing that night, and when I went to post the update I hit a button on my laptop.. and my whole chapter disappeared 😥 It was literally like 5am, and I got so exhausted trying to figure out what happened, and then trying to rewrite it all, but I didn't want to rush it and make it shitty. Then I got so busy throughout March break, so I rewrote the whole chapter and made it longer (1000+ words!!) So i hope you guys enjoy it!

As Kol walked them deeper into the woods, Elena couldn't help but look over her shoulder every couple of minutes. The sun had completely gone down, and fog was rolling in around their feet, making the woods even more eerie than usual.

Kol watched her out of the corner of his eye, seeing her grown more uneasy by the second. He squeezed her hand and spoke up, tapping his ears, "We are the only ones out here Elena, you don't need to look over your shoulder every two minutes"

"Are you sure? I feel like someone's watching us.." She whisper yelled at him, making him roll his eye's at her.

"There's no one out there, and if there was they're probably alive, so they can't see us anyway" He said, making her thoughts less chaotic.

They continued on in silence for awhile when Elena spoke up, "How much deeper into the woods are we going Kol?"

"The tomb is just up ahead, don't worry" He said keeping his eyes forward

"The tomb?! Why are we going there? No vampires that go in the tomb can get out!" Elena said raising her eyebrows at the man beside her.

"Yes, vampire's can't get out, but I'm a dead vampire" Kol replied sarcastically

"Right.. So like a ghost vampire" She said to him laughing lightly

Kol watched her through the corner of his eye as she laughed, and a small smile pulled at the corners of his mouth.

'She's so.. pure..' He thought to himself as they kept walking towards the tomb in a surprisingly comfortable silence.

After a couple more minutes of walking, they reached the tomb and Kol lead her inside, stopping at the stone entrance before the dark hallway.

"We just have to walk to the end where the small fenced area is" He told her noticing her wary stare.

"I dont know about this.." Elena said nervously looking down the dark hallway then at him.

Rolling his eyes are smirking he asked "Are you scared of the dark darling? Come on, it's not so bad down there"

He watched her eye's shift from wary to determined as she glared at him, and started walking down the dark hall; pulling him along with her.

"I am not scared of the dark darling, I just.. don't have good memories of this place" she huffed at him, mocking his accent.

Kol glowered at her mocking of his voice, but didn't say anything back to her.

'Keep your temper cool, can't go ripping her bloody head off for mimicking my accent, she'll just come back anyway and despise me, and then I won't find out if I can drink her blood.' Kol thought to himself sighing as they kept walking into the darkness.

Elena stopped infront of the small fenced area, looking around; attempting to figure out why they had to come here.

Lost in his own thoughts, Kol hadn't noticed the girl still holding his hand a stopped, and bumped into her back. Not wanting her to know he was distracted, he smirked to himself, placing his free hand on her waist, and his chin on her shoulder.