Reflection: Jikook AU Chapter 11

Jimin stumbled off the stage, gasping for breath, his heart pounding from adrenaline. He grabbed the closest bottle of water and downed half of it, sighing in relief afterward. He wouldn't get any feedback this evening because the professors would take the time to analyze everything for their final grades, and those that wanted to contact individual dancers would be given their information at the end of the showcase. He could leave if he wanted, or stay and watch the other performers.

He limped to the dressing room and sunk into a chair in front of the mirrors with a sigh. He had poured his heart and soul into that song. His performance was as close to perfect as he could possibly get. I hope RM liked my visual representation of his song. Hobi helped me choreograph it, so he probably will. I am glad I chose that song over my other selection. Silver Spoon was good, but this one was much more suitable for me. He looked at his own reflection in the mirror, sweaty and exhausted, and sighed, "I wonder if anyone else will understand the depth of that song though."

"I do."

Jimin looked behind him in the mirror and saw Jungkook come into the dressing room and close the door most of the way. He was surprised. He had not seen Jungkook for any reasonable amount of time the last weeks because their respective schedules had been so hectic. He found out from Taehyung that Jungkook had been working on his essay in the afternoons when he didn't have class and going to rehearsals every day in preparation of a community play, so he had been exceptionally busy. Jimin had very little time to eat lunch with them because he still had to attend his other classes around his practice time, but he at least tried for once a week, if not twice. He actually was under the impression that Jungkook didn't want anything to do with him after that picture fiasco with JHope. Just when I figured out that I actually wanted to think of JK as something more than a friend we never got to talk again.

"JK? Where did you come from? What are you doing back here? You are not working the showcase." Jimin watched as Jungkook fiddled with the small box in his hands, before making up his mind and steeling himself with a deep breath. Why are you nervous? What are you doing?

"No, I came to see you. I wanted to bring you something ...and to talk." He came closer to Jimin and held out the box with a shaky hand. "For you. Call it a good show gift, if you want. I think your performance was amazing."

Jimin smiled slightly, touched more than he wanted to admit, hearing those words from Jungkook. I have missed hearing his voice. Wait, why is that phrase so familiar? He blinked rapidly, and focused on the box. "What's this?"

"Um, it's not much, just a little something that I knew you would appreciate."

Jimin took the box and opened it in his lap, freezing as he saw the contents. To everyone else it would seem like just a trinket you could get at any tourist shop. How does he do this? He stared at it, rapidly blinking even more, unaware that tears had slid down his cheeks as he shakily picked up the miniature white snow globe that showered gold and red crystal snow hearts on a tiny dancer when it was swirled. He could not tear his eyes away from it, but felt when Jungkook knelt next to him.

"How did you—"

"By observing. I didn't realize it, but I spent more time getting to know you more than I thought. When I realized why, I had already made a fool of myself."

"What do you mean?"

Jungkook bit his lip. "Um. I kinda yelled at you the night I spent with you, remember? I figured out the reason that I was so keen to make you take care of yourself." He blushed lightly and cleared his throat, "JHope-hyung took the picture the next morning. I knew then, but didn't want to be teased, so I ran. Your brother is my best friend, it is inevitable and he even told me so. I decided I didn't want to do anything that could disrupt your dedication to the showcase, so I kept what I figured out to myself."