Reflection: Jikook AU Chapter 7

"What the hell is this?!" Taehyung shoved his phone in Jungook's face when he showed up for lunch. Jungkook had been eating when he was nearly blinded, crossing his eyes to see what his best friend was so hyped about. He leaned backwards and finally saw the image, and proceeded to choke on his carrots.

Taehyung sat down next to Jungkook and smacked him on the back, then offered him the water sitting on the table. "Why the hell did I wake up to this?!"

"Who took that?!" Jungkook finally gasped out. Had to have been JHope-hyung. Why the hell did he take a picture of us?! Damn, we really do look good together. I want that picture...

"Jimin's ex-roommate, who found you coiled around Jimin this morning like a lover and then you ran like a scared rabbit before he could really talk to you. Now. Why were you curled up with him? Are you dating my brother now?"

"What!? No! I found him passed out and took him home. He offered to help me with my English as repayment, and he fell asleep. He grabbed a hold of me and wouldn't let go, and while waiting for him to loosen his death grip I fell asleep!"

Taehyung gave his best friend a one eyed suspicious look, but he could tell that Jungkook was telling the truth, the hot blush a dead giveaway. He knew Jimin too. If he grabbed you when he was asleep, he wasn't letting go. But you are the one holding him, JK. Jimin doesn't like doing that with someone he is uncomfortable with...interesting. Plus, you aren't looking away from that picture, almost as though you were devouring it with your eyes. You have got to have a crush. He also had called JHope as soon as he was conscious enough and got the same story from him that Jimin had told.

Jungkook looked down at his food in abject embarrassment, handing the phone back. "I'm sorry. I just went to check on him again after I got out of class because I was worried. I didn't know I would find him that way. He could barely walk because he practiced so much, so I made sure he got to his dorm since he didn't want to go to the medical facility. I didn't intend on staying all night."

Taehyung pocketed his phone and shook his head. "Min is an idiot. I told him to go home when you asked me to give him the water. He looked like shit then, he could have only gotten worse." He glanced at Jungkook and smirked. Well, if he does have a crush, he just got a night out of a dream. He nudged his shoulder, seeing that Jungkook was nervously playing with his food, the blush still well intact. "Hey, you are lucky, you know? He doesn't let just anyone stay, much less hug him like that. He's usually a light sleeper too, so Hobi-hyung was lucky to get that picture. Min knows it exists too, so don't worry about it. I called him right before I went to class. He is doing better, at least he sounds it anyway. I will find out soon enough."

Jungkook nodded, but still refused to look up. He had been contemplating telling Taehyung he was right about the crush, but with the way he seemed to be angry about something as harmless as curling up with Jimin, he thought better of the idea. I guess he would be mad if I decided to try dating his brother. He sighed, all appetize vanishing. I didn't know he would be overprotective. He didn't come across that way, but maybe it's just because it's me. It is his brother, so I guess that is to be expected. I am glad I haven't said anything yet. At least I can save some face.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, who was exceptionally quiet. This is unusual for JK. What is the matter with him all of a sudden? He was fine a second ago. "Hey—"

He was interrupted by a food tray sliding onto the table across from him. "Ah, so I was right."

Taehyung looked up and saw his brother and JHope joining them. Jimin was expected, but even he was surprised to see his brother's best friend tagging along with him, especially since he graduated. "Hobi? What are you doing here?" Taehyung moved his camera bag so it was beside him instead of on the table across from him.