Chapter 18: That Little Smile

Happy reading<3

Thursday

Today, I woke up to a message from Xavier – after listening to what Steff said of course – he was apologizing again. You'd think I would reply since he's unblocked but nope, I haven't even opened them. I woke up refreshed and energetic today, so I've decided to talk to him and sort out whatever this is.

I take a shower and pull on my pink striped crop top and my blue mum jeans which I pair with my silver sandals. I open my little jewelry box and put on my short silver chain along with my black wristwatch and return the box, then I grab my bag and go downstairs to eat breakfast. 

When I get there, the entire family apart from Cole is seated and eating.

"good morning parents!" I chirp

"Hey Leah, you look very happy this morning what's up?" my dad asks and laughs while my mum waves in response.

"It's nothing" I reply while getting stuff for my cereal

"I slept earlier yesterday so I got more sleep" I stretch once again.

"if you say so" he replies and goes back to his food

When I'm done, I take it to a seat and eat while scrolling through Instagram. About halfway through, Cole comes downstairs, looking like he rolled out of bed and landed on the floor which has happened more times than I can count but it's quite strange seeing as he hurries me up weekdays.

"you look like crap bro, what happened to you?" I ask and chew 

"you literally boost my confidence every time I see you" he sighs 

"anyway, coach gave us a free day of some sort, so I don't have to go in as early as usual" he finishes and yawns widely

"Ohh, that makes sense. I wonder what would happen if I joined a sport activity would I also get free days?" I think out loud

"You join a sport, I laugh. You'd prolly give up on the second day miss lazy bag of bones" he laughs while bringing out a plate

"I'll have you know I joined cheerleading and that's a sport but we don't really get off days like these plus I'm a flexible bag of bones unlike you stiff board" I reply and stuff my mouth full with cereal.

"Since when were you a cheerleader, I thought you had to be pretty for that which is everyone but you" he says and sticks out his tongue

I swallow quickly in an effort to retort but practically choke on it and let out a loud cough followed by multiple more to clear out my throat.

"I guess you now know why you aren't meant to talk while eating" my mum laughs and smacks the both of us with the newspaper that suddenly appeared and I give her a stink eye while coughing, she passes me glass of water afterwards.

"Ack! My arm is practically shattered from that attack" Cole dramatically exclaims with one very...odd expression

"Dad, is he really on the soccer team*" I ask

"She still hasn't learnt, my fault for giving her water, tch" my mum says

"He is honey, why're you asking?" my dad answers

"Just because I thought he would be able to take more damage from mum's newspaper attack since he claimed to be on the soccer team*, out he's just a weak chick. I wonder if he warms the bench or even brings them water like the newbies do" I snicker soon followed by an icy chill down my spine coming from the direction Cole is in. I turn my head slowly to look at him but quickly turn back in freight.