It is? I probably should read that thing.

"I see..." I mumbled, acting like I was taking in her words, but there was an entirely different thought process taking place in the depths of my mind.

So it wasn't because he wanted me to join him. It had nothing to do with his choice at all... oh, I'm so naive. And here I let myself believe that it was a positive step towards a possible friendship.

Thanks for bursting my bubble Kate. I definitely needed that reality check.

Just as I finished my coffee, someone knocked on my door. "Yes?"

Jensen pushed the door open and looked at Kate and I, "sorry to interrupt ladies..."

"Come'on in... what brings you here?" I offered him a smile in greeting.

"Just wanted to see if you're ready to go?" He unbuttoned his dark grey coat and walked further inside, a little hesitant in his manner.

"Go where?" I asked confused, as I looked at Kate for some guidance.

"Bloomwood?" He offered. "don't you wanna see how the work is going?" He elaborated, I didn't think he would want to come with, when I told him I was visiting today.

"Oh right, yeah... " I fumbled to mask my surprise and picked up my binder, phone and keys and quickly checked my reflection in the window.

My hair wasn't out of place and I looked good in my blue blouse, black pants and black boots. "I'll see you later Kate" I told her, as I turned to walk away.

"I'm making an appointment for seven, don't you dare forget it." She reminded me as she smiled and waved as I left with Jensen.

We both beelined to the elevator. Jensen pressed the button and then we waited for it to arrive.

"I didn't think you would want to come along." I casually said, turning to face him momentarily.

"And miss out on witnessing you turn into a relentless event planner? Never." He said, humor glittered in his eyes, and a hint of smile on his lips.

I laughed but in all seriousness added, "this stuff could get pretty boring, sure you don't wanna escape while you still can?"

He did a one-shoulder-shrug, "I have nothing better to do." I was pretty sure it was a lie but I didn't question.

When the elevator arrived and the doors slid open, I warned, "last chance..."

He rolled his eyes but reached for my wrist and pulled me along with him as he stepped inside and the elevator started to descend.

"You sure live for theatrics" He mumbled as I smiled at his annoyance. His hand still on my wrist created a warm feeling in my heart while I struggled to brush it off.

"Can't blame me, it runs in the family..." I joked, "why else do you think my brother is an actor?"

"Jack of all trades huh? It seems like the world is deprived of your talent." He commented, and he retrieved his hand, stealing the heat from my skin.

"Nah... my brother is overcompensating anyway." I shrugged. Trying to get my head on straight. Focus Alex!

We soon made it to the parking lot. "Let's take my car." Jensen suggested.

I thought for a moment and agreed, "sure.... If I can drive."

He regarded me with a careful gaze for a moment, and then out of nowhere tossed the keys at me. I was startled out of my wits but managed to catch it before it could hit the pavement.