22. FRIENDLY TERMS?

Chapter 22: FRIENDLY TERMS?

Alex's pov

******************************

It's been two weeks since that "run from my very first paparazzi and bodyguard" Incident, and thankfully things have settled down to a dull humdrum.

Kyle initially got mad about the bodyguard thing but then I made him realise I was already mad at him, so he couldn't stay mad anymore.

A bunch of articles were printed about me in a bunch of magazines and gossip columns, some positive, some not so, but I didn't let that affect me too much.

My whole family and all my friends jumped to my rescue and help, like I was haunted by the mafia instead of harmless paparazzi, although Kyle said that they were worse than the mafia, and with his experience I decided not to question it.

Weirdly enough the list also includes my boss Jensen Black, because lately it feels like we are (dare I say it) on friendly terms. Gasp! I know... how did this happen?

I guess, when you formulate a plan and evade a bodyguard together, you can't help but form a bond that's equal parts weird and unique. It's like escaping a high security prison, except not.

It was totally absurd at first, sometimes I would just gawk at him like he was some zoo animal whenever he casually started talking to me, but I've gotten used to it lately, the gawking has gone down considerably.

Kate was stunned into silence a few days ago when Jensen came sauntering into my office and told me to leave early expressing concern about my safety and security, instead of telling me to work overtime. Yeah. Color me dumbstruck.

I glanced at the wall clock in the living room, it was around eight in the morning, I sipped my coffee while preparing French toast for breakfast when my phone rang. I smiled at seeing Sam's name blink up on my caller ID and answered with a chirpy greeting "Hey there my favorite ballerina, wassup? "

A stumped silence followed my words, but in that silence I could hear his annoyance loud and clear. He finally spoke in his defense "ballet is a very difficult and manly dance okay, you won't believe the quad and core strength it requires to do ballet, it's harder and riskier than most dance types and I know because I've tried them myself!"

"Sure it is...." I rolled my eyes as I balanced my phone with my shoulder since apparently french toast demands both working hands.

"Please stop calling me 'ballerina', for heaven sake Alex stop!" He groaned, making me smile at his growing irritation.

"Wow, you took that as a personal attack Sammy, I was only trying to compliment you."

"Don't you try'n get cheeky with me..." He warned, and then complained "geez you always managed to put me off topic, can't you for once greet me like a normal person?"

Off topic? "Me? I did no such thing!" I gasped dramatically.

He decided to ignore that very concise reaction and said, "What are you doing friday night?"

"Let me see....." I started thinking along my schedule genuinely, but he cut me off right away.

"Whatever it is, cancel it, I want you to attend my team's performance in the Stephen-Roberts Music Theatre that night, I'm inviting others as well so don't even think of ditching."

"Awww.... Sammy, are you going to be dancing in a cute little tutu?" I coo-ed.

"I am the choreographer Alex, will you stop forgetting what I do for a living?" He was growing exasperated from this conversation. Choreographer, director, founder... I knew all about it, I just liked giving him a hard time.