Saving Geronimo

Thea's Perspective

August 26, 2013
0300 hours

It was 3 am, the only ones awake then were me, Danny, Hussein and Paulina. We've been up all night, in front of the central computer screen, watching the live feeds from the cars' cameras. With Paulina's help, she help Danny hijacked one of the US military imaging satellites without them noticing. We've been searching Las Vegas for the past few hours ever since Geronimo's kidnapping. Danny's split the cars into 4 squads so we could cover more ground faster. The Bugatti Siblings went to search at the north of Vegas, the Ageras down south, the CCX gang in the west and the Veteran CC gang to the east.

"Sitrep, guys! I want to know what's going on," Danny demanded.

The Bugattis were the first one to report. "Eighty percent of our sector is covered. Still more to places to search for, but still no sign of Agent Stilton."

"Agera Squad, what's happening with you guys?"

"Every inch of our sector has been covered, sir. Unfortunate of us, he's nowhere to be found here," Phantom responded.

"Return to base, you guys are done for the night. CCX Gang, have you found anything?"

Ghoul, the Koenigsegg Trevita, and leader of the west Vegas search party which consisted of 5 cars, replied. "No dice, sir. We've separated to cut through more ground. Yet, there a some places needed to explore. We're trying the best we can."

"Veterans, have you any luck in the east?"

Spook, the Koenigsegg CCGT and the leader of the Veteran Search Squad answered. "No traces of him or the black van whatsoever. We've scanned and searched the whole of our assigned sector. He's not here, I'm afraid."

"In that case, return to base. You've done your best. Remaining search parties, do not stop until you've covered your whole assigned sector! Is that clear?"

They all replied at the same time. "YES SIR!"

I can see the exhausted look in his face when he turned and went to the kitchen, the place I was hanging out with Hussein and Paulina while drinking a mug of joe.

"No hints of him, huh?" I asked calmly and collectively, although knowing the fact that my brother was kidnapped.

He took a seat on the the high stool opposite of me. "You heard 'em...but there's still two more sectors that they still haven't covered."

I felt pity towards him wearing out of fatigue. I only gave him a concerned look and advised him to sleep. "Danny, you should get some sleep."

I predicted his answer, and I was right. "I can't..." Boy, was he stubborn!

"You're a kid, Danny. Kids need sleep." He didn't reply. "Danny, look at yourself. You're tired and worn out! You've been up and running this operation for seven hours straight. The longer you keep this up, your body's gonna go kaput!"

"Look, I know that Geronimo's your friend, but I'm his sister. I want him back safe and sound as bad as you do."

He looked up at me. "You're gonna take over?"

I wore a faint smile. "Yeah. Go get some shut eye. Leave the earpiece here."

He smiled back, and got off the stool and made his way to the boys' bedrooms.

Hussein drank his last sip of coffee from his mug. "Whelp, I'm turning in early. My eyes feel like they're bloodshot. Are they?" He turned and faced Paulina, who sat bedside her. In return, she got spooked as a reaction and repelled with a shriek.