The US Marine

Interpol HQ
8.27 p.m.

While eating a burger and sitting at Thea's desk helping her type her daily mission report, both Geronimo and Trap went to interrogate Russell downstairs. We celebrated Russell's capture by having a light dinner at the bullpen.

"Done! Now I can finally eat my burger," squeaked Thea hungrily as she clicked on the "save" button and unwrapped her burger.

"How's your burger, Benjamin?" I asked.

"It tastes awesome! Where'd you even get this stuff anyway?" Replied Benjamin.

"These Malaysian-styled burgers are sold at a little stall two miles back. Here, these kind of burgers are called 'burger bakar'..." I informed. As the elevator doors opened, Geronimo and Trap came out and walked towards their own desks.

"Any luck with Russell?" I asked Geronimo as I took another bite of my burger.

"I'm afraid not. He said he was too traumatized and injured to give a statement. Especially when he hit those two cars and crashing into that barrier after the both of you EMP'd him," he answered as he sat down at his desk.

"Maybe it's because of the electromagnetic shock. The residue of the EMP must've hit his body and it went directly to his brain, damaging the hippocampus," I stated while my mouth was full (I know it's rude, don't be so judgy).

"He's being taken to the hospital for further treatment. Right now, there's nothing we can do until he recovers," said Trap as he sat down.

"Correction Trap; you and I have a summary report to write," said Geronimo. As he turned to Thea: "You on the other hand, can go back home with Danny since you're done with yours."

As we were given permission to go back to my quarters, we bid our farewells, we took the elevator downstairs and hopped into Ray.

We took the Federal Expressway back home but, because of a 3-car pile up had happened several miles ahead which Ray detected, we got stuck in traffic. Luckily, I had imported a few new tracks from the early 90s (FYI, I love the music from that era) into Ray's infotainment system. Thea however, her face expression looks like she dislikes my taste of music.

"Alright, I can't take this any longer. No offense Danny but, you really have a bad taste in music," complained Thea as the stereo started playing "Please Forgive Me" by Bryan Adams.

"Ooo...kay, some taken. But how come? This was a popular rock song," I replied.

"Rock song? Ugh... This song is too mushy to be a rock song," said Thea as the verse of the song started playing.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Just listen to it! "It still feels like our first night together"? Oh come on..." She whined as the verse almost ended.

"But... The chorus is when you start to rock out," I said. As the chorus started, I sang along. "So if you're feelin' lonely, don't!"

"Okay, besides this horrible song, you have a really horrible singing voice," she whined again. Then, the unimaginable happened. She touched the stop button on Ray's pop-up infotainment screen in the middle of the chorus' climax!

"What are you doing?! That was the best part of the song!" I said as I glared at her.

"That song doesn't even suite you, me, or the moment. I'm looking for a track that suites the mood... and your voice," said Thea.

"Yeah? What track would that be?" I teased.

After a short pause, she asked Ray; "Ray, how are the stars tonight?"