• Chapter 12 •

"Renée"

"Rae Rae!"

"Jesus! Wake up!" I hear Maddie scream in my ear.

I blink my eyes twice and clench my fist, holding back the temptation to slap her in the face.

"I'm up, I'm up." I say quickly before she yells at me again. I sit up and lean across to reach my phone on my bedside table.

7pm! Crap! I slept way too long.

"You wanna sleep over tonight Renée?" Maddie asks while looking through my wide range of clothes.

"I can't tonight sorry." I reply watching her marvel at my collection.

"Really?" Maddie asks while turning around, the hurt flashing in her eyes.

Shit, I don't want her to think I don't wan to hang out. This is the second time I have had to say no to her.

"But how about I come over first thing in the morning. And maybe we can get ready for a certain party tomorrow night." I say sweetly trying to soothe over my "no".

"OMG! So we are going to Daniel Park's party?" Maddie squeals excitedly.

"Yes Mads, I'll go if that will make you happy." I say sighing slightly, shooting myself inwardly.

Don't get me wrong, I would never say no to party, but when a certain person named "Park" holds it, I'm not the keenest.

"Is Logan going to be there?" Maddie asks, frozen in place.

"I would say so darling." I reply holding in a laugh while starting to push her outside my room.

"Renée you have to make me look perfect!" Maddie begs placing her two hands on either side of my face.

"Haha of course, you crazy chicken. now if you don't leave, I'm gonna tell Logan about your secret plan." I giggle shutting the door on her.

"Cya Biotch!" I hear her yell as she runs down the stairs laughing.

I flop down on my bed and close my eyes. I try to fit the muddled pieces of my life together but nothing fits in place.

I growl at myself in frustration as I turn my phone on again.

Me: Park can you give me a lift 2morro?

Park: Where 2

Me: Maddie's?

Park: Fine.

Park: But you have to do 60% of the assignment now

Me: And to think I was going to say thank you.

I turn off my phone and walk downstairs where I hear Pete laughing. I smile as I see him giggling at some silly show on TV.

I keep walking towards the kitchen where I smell food being cooked.

"Is that stir fry I smell?" I ask Mom who is standing over the hot stove.

"It sure is, oh and could you please set the table?" Mom replies giving me a quick smile.

"Sure." I answer annoyed to see not one trace of sadness from what happened a few hours ago.

I walk over to the drawers to count out the utensils when I realise I haven't seen Logan all day today.

"Have you seen Logan?" I ask frowning slightly.

"No I haven't actually, don't bother setting for him though, he won't come home anytime soon." Mom answers me shrugging.

"What makes you so sure?" I ask questioningly.

"I just know." Mom says curtly stirring the steak and pursing her lips.

I shake my head and start to set out the knives and forks.