Jeverus

(this takes place in 1979, Lily and James's first date; James is about to tell Lily he loves her [but something else happens])

"Thank you for taking me here James! I enjoyed our little outing, but don't you think it's getting dark and we should be heading back?" Lily asked.

James replied, "Yeah, we probably should, but I've gotta tell you something. I... lo-"

"Potter!" Severus cut off James.

"What do you want?! I was in the middle of saying something!" James shouted which made Severus cower in fear for the first time in front of James. James could easily spot him tearing up.

"That was rude James!" Lily shouted.

"I-it's alright, I'm used to it, especially at home," Severus muttered the last part.

"What was that last bit Snape?" James said smirking, obviously thinking it was something else like a smart remark.

"O-oh, nothing, nothing!" Severus said, putting his hands out in front of him.

"Oh really, I've got some truth potion on me and I was hoping for a reason to use it!" James said.

Lily opened her mouth to say something, but before anything came out, Severus said, "F-fine, go ahead..."

James yanked out the potion from his pocket and handed it over to Severus. Severus reluctantly took it and took a little sip.

"Now, repeat what you said after Lily said that I was being rude," James said, putting the potion back in his pocket.

"I said, 'It's alright, I'm used to it, especially at home'," Severus said as James and Lily's eyes widened.

"And what do you mean by that exactly?!" Lily said, her mind racing in concern.

"Well, mother usually yells at me all the time and doesn't like me very much. Father usually hits me with a belt whenever I do something wrong in his opinion. I rarely eat a meal a day at home and if I do when I'm not supposed to, I get hit with the belt or yelled at. Mother and father fight as if the world is ending every single day, and I'm pretty used to that. They never loved me and I don't love them, well, not anymore. The reason I was scared when Potter snapped is because is I never had anyone I loved snap at me before," Severus explained.

"W-what...?" James said.

"And I said all of that out loud, great," Severus said as he was about to run away.

James grabbed Severus's arm and pulled him back towards him. That was the moment James realized how slim Snape actually is.

"Po- James, what are you doing?" Severus said as James slowly pulled him and Severus closer.

"Shh~" James said as he slowly leaned in for a kiss.

Severus shot up and kissed him back immediately.

"I-I'm gonna go tell Dumbledore..." Lily said as she rushed away.

They slowly broke after a couple moments and just sat there, Severus in James's arms, safe and sound...

I actually like the ending, it's cute. Just imagine Severus Snape in James Potter's arms, feeling and looking safe and sound. Awwwwe~! Now I'm imagining it and it's super adorable!

@Kaylagryffindor hope this is whatcha wanted!