Forty One

Author's POV

Daniel called 911 as fast as he can but it wasn't fast enough to save JC or Kathryn. The ambulance was silent except for the paramedics who responded.

"It's not Lester's fault." He insisted..

"How can you say this, Kelly?" Julia asked.

"The letters, the letters provoked him, the letters. Akala niya si JC nagsulat 'nun, akala niya ito gusto ni JC. Lester is crazy but the letters made him evil." Kelly explained.

Daniel wasn't listening, he was holding his fiancé's hand. Looking at her face, memorizing every single thing on it like it was the last time he'll do it.

Julia opened the box full of letters.

"Ang sabi sa unang sulat, sinulat 'to ni JC bago pa siya mamatay. He wanted revenge, yun ang paulit ulit naming nababasa." Kelly said.

Kathryn suddenly screamed as fluids escaped her body.
It was time, Daniel didn't know how to feel. He'll finally see his son, but how can he be happy if one of them is in danger?

The ambulance parked in front of the emergency bay. Kathryn was wheeled into the emergency room.

The doctor and nurses rushed into making sure the baby lives, Kathryn was losing too much blood. Daniel was beside her, he can see everything that's happening.

"Ooperahan na siya. Hindi niya kakayanin ilabas ang bata ng maayos." The doctor said.

They wheeled her to surgery and Daniel wasn't allowed in anymore. All he could do was pray.

Daniel wasn't speaking, he was just crying. He was still in shock after everything, he was unable to process anything in his mind properly.

Julia and Kelly tried to help Daniel relax but it was of no help, it's as if he can't feel or hear anything.

An hour of waiting passed before doctor appeared, it wasn't good news based on the expression plastered on his face and said,"You have twins."

Daniel's heart pounded, it was the most wonderful blessing in the world. He can't wait to see them.

"But your wife didn't make it." The doctor, sadly continued.

Daniel's back was to a wall before sliding down on the floor. How can this be?

Julia talked to the doctor and asked if he can give Daniel a little more time. The doctor agreed and told them they could visit Kathryn's body before they bring her to the morgue.

Daniel wasn't crying he had enough, he had too much. All he could hear was his breathing.

"I love you, Kathryn."

And the book of disaster closed.

Seth Gothico's POV

"

Wow Kuya Seth that was a wonderful book, did you write it?" A teenager asked Seth.

"I'm the publisher, but I didn't write it." Seth answered seriously while sipping coffee off his table.

"Who's the inspiration behind the story?" A young man asked.

"It was based on our life." Seth was getting nervous as the questions got a little private.

"It's a true to life story children, it's not fiction" Its Kelly, who else would enjoy telling everyone the truth.

"So did Kathryn really die?" Kelly asked, her tone playful, mocking. I just stared at her wondering when will this all end?

His POV

The book was finally released, that's what she wanted. That's what she asked. I stared at the book.

"Who would've thought..." I asked myself. I walked into a pavillion of the National Center for Mental Health, the guards, nurses, some psychometricians greeted me. I was a frequent wisitor.

I sat on the waiting area until she came.

"I saw the book." It was the first real sentence I heard her say after a year.

"Are you happy?" I asked looking at my fingers. I couldn't look at her. I couldn't see the monster she turned out to be.

"Where are my kids?" She asked.

"They aren't yours Kathryn, they will never be the children of a crazy selfish writer." My temper rised.

"Here we go again." Kathryn whispered to herself.

"How can you wake up everyday knowing you destroyed everyones lives? How can your guilt not kill you? WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO ALL OF THIS?" I shouted.

The nurses rushed to us and helped me on my way out.

Kathryn was the writer of the letters Lester received, she was the selfish bitch who pretended to have cancer.

She was the love of my life, and still is. And I will still marry you after you get out. Kath, I love you. I do.

Her POV

What can I say? I'm the villain.

"Kathryn I told you not to speak, paano pag nahalata nilang wala kang sakit?" One of my nurse friends asked.

"Pamilya ko nga naloko ko, mental pa kaya."

I couldn't go behind bars. I held my book in my hands, running my fingers through the cover and the book's spine with a sinister smile.

The title?

Claiming HER.