Thirty Six.

Kathryn's POV

Speaking of Lester right after the attack the doorbell rang and he's right there. Outside our house, smiling and waving.

I couldn't deny that his smile wasn't contagious. He slowly walked in through the open door and I gave him a friendly hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I thought you needed a friend since his being away's been driving you nuts?" He said awkwardly.

"Well, I've been stuck inside this house for months, I guess I could use a little time out." I answered eagerly.

"Then I guess you're coming with me to have some fun!" He said.

"Let me get ready. I'll be right back." I said while walking upstairs to shower and get a change of clothes.

"Wear something nice okay?" Lester said.

"Aye aye, captain." I saluted before leaving him in the living room.

I entered my bedroom and decided to wear a white dress. I put some powder on and glanced at the mirror.

But as weird as I sound my heart began to pound rapidly.

Daniel's POV

"Li-Lia?" I called out her name and I saw her surprised expression.

"Daniel?!" She said in shock as I walked towards her as she continued, "What are you doing here?"

"I thought nasa New York ka na?"

"Kamusta ka naman?" I didn't bother answering any of her questions.

"Nasan si Natasha?" She gulped before answering.

"Can we talk about that in my house?" She requested, and I just nodded.

After paying for her items, we walked back to our respective cars. She lead the way back to her place.

I can feel my heart beating out of my chest, I was going to know the truth.

But what if the truth isn't what you expected it to be? My thoughts considered.

If that's the case, I have to accept it, because this isn't a shitty story that can be rewritten. This is reality where everything can be cruel. But at the end of the day, it all just comes down to acceptance.

I can feel my hands shaking as we drove on our way to Lia's house.

"What if you'll hate her after all of this?" My mind asked me again.

I can't hate her, damn it. I know that I love her. Love can be the most complicated thing in the world but her and love is just too fucking perfect together that it can't be separated.

Her car stopped and so did my breathing. I'm one step closer to knowing the truth. Am I ready? Of course I am, this is it. I can finally let everything go.

I shut my engine and breathed in heavily.

I can do this.

We entered her house quietly, I can almost hear her breathing. Why is she nervous?

I sat on her sofa as she placed her groceries in the kitchen.

"Juice?" She asked without even looking at me.

"No, thank you." I answered.

She just sat next to me and before I knew it she was already in tears.

"She's dead, they all are. My mom and dad was with her nung naaksidente sila. Walang nakaligtas. Walang may alam kung paano nangyari. All of a sudden the car just exploded, no survivors." She tried to explain.

I don't understand. If they think she's dead why is Kath alive?

"What happened before the accident?" I tried to ask calmly.

"We were being threatened. The moment you left the country sunod sunod na mga nagpapadala samin ng death threats. We have no idea who it was." I can feel the fear in her voice.

I don't understand. Natasha doesn't have enemies, not that loving, kind girl. How could anyone do this to her?

"Pero ang sabi niya kaya niya ako pinayagan mag New York ay dahil engaged na siya." I said, recalling.

"She was diagnosed with cancer. Hindi niya alam kung paano ito ipapaalam sa'yo ng hindi ka niya masasaktan." She said in response.

Shit.

"Why the hell did she choose to fight alone?" I was trying my best not to cry.

"Because she knew she would die soon, sinabi na ng mga doctor there is no cure sa ovarian cancer. Lalo na sa cause niya na stage four na."

She's Kathryn. They're both suffering from cancer. But something is fucked up.

We are all being played, we're all being fucked with.

"Kilala niyo ba mga Bernardo?" I asked.

Her eyes grew bigger, "How? What? Why?"

"Alam mong buhay siya?!" Now it makes sense, they're protecting Natasha.

"They're her real parents. They gave us Natasha ever since she was born. May communication si Natasha sakanila pero ang alam niya kaibigan lang sila ng mga Lapus. Daniel we were protecting her." She answered.

From who? From what? What the hell are they talking about?

"Lahat ng tao napaglalaruan niya, lahat hindi siya kilala. Pero lahat naapektuhan. Lahat, Daniel." She was already drowning jn tears.

"Sino ang suspect niyo?" I asked, my voice trembled.

She looked at me, frightened and  breathed heavily.

"I'm sorry...."

I can feel my body shaking.

"Ikaw."