To Save A Life PT 2

Author's Note: Cory killed a HYDRA goon. Now it is time to meet Leonardo Divinci, another one of Athena's ancestors, on her father's side of course. Enjoy!

**************

Athena escorted Claudia home just as Ezio was returning "Thank you, for watching after my sister," he said

"It was of no issue," she replied.

Ezio was all but begging her with his eyes to tell him her name so she leaned in and whispered "You have to chase me for it." she said.

He gasped softly "Athena?" he whispered.

Athena smiled softly at him and nodded "No matter what happens Ezio, I will be by your side." she said.

Ezio nodded and went to see to his mother, he knew in his heart she was right, she would always be at his side. It didn't take long for him to find his mother in the garden who was messing with one of the plants. Upon his arrival his mother turned to him "Hello, Ezio," his mother greeted

"Hello, mother, how are you?" he asked.

His mother looked at him a brief moment "And you?" she asked before adding, "Still recovering from last night?"

Ezio fought the blush that crept to his cheeks "I have no idea what you are talking about," he said in reply.

Fredrico would pay later for opening his mouth "Of course not," his mother said amused, "Anyway, I have an errand to run. And I would like you to come with me."

Ezio nodded and followed his mother as he saw Athena standing in the shadows a soft smile on her lips "Of course mother," he said.

His mother nodded "Come, it's not far from here." she said.

Ezio watched as Athena free climbed to the roof and followed closely "I know about your fight with Vieri," his mother began

"What fight?" he asked playing innocent.

His mother laughed softly "Please, let us not play this game," she said

"He spoke ill of us," he explained, "I could not allow him to continue."

"I'm sure he is having a hard time dealing with the accusations against his father," his mother replied, " Francesco de Pazzi is many things - and none of them good. But even I never expected him capable of murder."

Ezio couldn't help, but feel sorry for Vieri. To have that kind of accusation thrown around would be hard for any son whose father was being accused of that "What will happen to him?" he asked

"I imagen there will be a trial," his mother said as they continued to walk through the busy streets of Florence.

Ezio nodded "Will father speak at it?" he asked

"He'll have to, he is the one with the evidence." his mother replied

"Still, I wish there was another way," he said

"You have nothing to fear my son. Everyone wants justice to be done. It is an unfortunate state of affairs, but in time it will pass." his mother said.

His mother walked up to a door as he caught the Crimson Robes of his soulmate land into a pile of hay nearby as his mother knocked. The door opened to reveal a man with blonde hair, blue eyes, with a red hat "Hello, Leonardo," his mother greeted.

The man smiled kindly and welcomed his mother "Moddana Maria!" the man said kissing his mother's cheeks.

Ezio had a great many questions for his mother about this man "This is my son Ezio," his mother introduced.