Chapter 2

U N E D I T E D

2: 

"Don't forget your homework.  Okay, class dismissed." Professor Arnold said and I started to bag my notebook and books. I was in the middle of zipping my bag when Miles stood beside me. Her coat and necktie's are already gone.

"Hey, Ron. Tell Robert not to pick you up. I'll drive you home."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"We're having a family gala this Friday and I need to buy a dress. And you my friend will be coming with me" She grinned. I mentally winced as I remembered the last time we went shopping. If there is a one that would best describe Miles that is shopaholic. It wasn't just last week since I almost sprained my ankle for the nonstop shopping galore Miles had gotten me into. Now, I'm tired and my body's still sore but I don't know how to say no to her.

"Can't we just do it tomorrow? I'm hungry and tired." I pouted, pushing my luck that my dormant charms would work on her. Unfortunately,  it did not. Miles rolled her eyes at me.

"Don't be such a drama queen,  Ron. You barely moved your ass during P.E." She said grinning like what I said amuses her. She's somewhat alike her brother. Bossy and smug. She clapped her hands lightly twice. "Now com'n." Lazily,  I stood up and walked with her towards fee car park. "Aunt Gertrude said it'll be a classic black and white. I saw this white dress on the newest collection of Chanel, and they're so rad I'm total gonna nail it." she blabbed.

I took out my phone to text my driver when I received a message from Baron.

Baron: You done?  Let's have some coffee.

I texted first Robert before I tapped a reply for him.

Me: Yep. I'm sorry. Miles and I are going to the mall.

Baron: Can I come?

Me: I doubt you'll enjoy it.

Baron: I see. Shopping huh? I guess I'll see you tomorrow?

Me: Sure.

And that's the end of it.

We got into Miles' blue porsche.  I don't know what kind but according to her it's the latest model. I'm not really fond of cars or anything in particular. I'm a bookworm. I like researching and reading. I may outdoor boring but I don't wanna stop learning new things.

"So yeah, I'm going for white, you'll go for black." she said then revved the engine.

"Wait? Am I suppose to be there? You said it yourself,  it's a family gala. I'm not--"

"Bitch, you're my only friend aside from Sey's. But I can hardly consider them one because they just know me because of my brother. You're like my sister from another parents! So, technically,  you're coming with me." She said matter-of-factly.

I felt a warm hand touched my heart. She's my first friend and she's like a sister to me too. So in the end, I gave in wholeheartedly. In speaking of heart, it started rammaging my whole system again when Miles' car entered the tall gates painted with gold and black and aN intricately designed Northshire University.

I could feel my palms get sweaty and I can't sit still on my place. "What are we doing here?" I asked her, my voice rising,  and I couldn't conceal the panic in me.

"Chill." She smiled at me. "Hyung just came back from Korea. He said he got something for me. I'll just go get it and we'll go." I didn't reply.  I just keep gulping and gulping. My throat feels so dry and I could feel myself sweating bullets.