Prologue

A/N:

R E A D  A T  Y O U R  O W N  R I S K !

Don't tell me you've not been warned.

Typos and faulty grammars ahead. English isn't my native language. Yeah. No shit.

U N E D I T E D

*

**

Note: THIS STORY IS UNDER A TOTAL REVISION.

Enjoy.

I scantily climbed upstairs towards Miles' room. I don't wanna wake her up but Baron's call took awhile like we haven't seen each other in years when in fact it hasn't been eight hours since we last saw each other. We just talked about particularly anything under the sun and before I know it, it's almost 12.

I turned the doorknob of Miles' room but it didn't budge. I cursed. It's almost midnight and she's probably asleep now. Damn, I must've locked it when I sneaked out when Baron called. Great. Now, where are you gonna sleep, Ronnie?

I contemplated on taking the guest room at the far end corner of their vast hallway but I'm pretty sure they're locked too.

Aside from their servants, it's just Miles and her brother living in this huge mansion. For a few weeks knowing her, I've known that their parents rarely comes home. Just like mine. They're either out of the country for business or just too busy at the office to go check on their children. But unlike me, Miles has a sibling-- a hot brother for that matter. And he's pretty snob and rude too.

No matter how his stares can already set any normal person off the edge, his soul - scrutinizing eyes will forever haunt me. I rarely sees him at school, thank gods for that. Aside from the fact that he's despicably rude, his intimidating aura most of the time also annoys me. It's like no one's too good for him. To cut things short, I'm not very much fond of him, thank you. We don't get along well too.

But when I felt warm breath fanning the top of my nape, I know I'm in for some trouble.

"Looks like I'm gonna need to call the pest control first thing in the morning tomorrow." His dark brooding voice reverberated on the every corner of their vast hallway of rooms. I caught my breath. "My sister's bringing too much garbage in this house I'm actually seeing a mouse myself."

I had goosebumps on my arms and nape and by how he's just right behind me, I know he saw that. Go run for your life, Ronnie!

"I got locked out." I stammered, my voice small. I want to mentally chastise myself. Really, Ronnie? Really?

"Obviously." He said, his voice laced with sarcasm and mockery.  I stilled. I really hate talking to him. He never failed making me feel like I'm the dumbest person ever and unfortunately existed here in the universe.

"Face me when I'm talking to you." He commanded.  His voice serious and I felt chills running down my spine. As much as I want to spare my life, his tone is so full of authority I just found myself slowly turning to him and I now become face to face with the most beautiful devil himself, Seymour Pierre Dmitry.

As if on instinct, my eyes automatically locked gazes with his beautiful pair of olive eyes. I gulped, feeling my throat run dry that I have to run my tongue along my lower lip to wet it. But it didn't helped when his eyes dilated onto my lips and his lips agaped.