Chapter 6

Contented

I can feel my cheeks flaring as Miles eye me with so much suspicion like there's something I did that is offensive. I tried to keep a stoic face to hide the embarrassment but there's something the way she looks at me that makes me feel uncomfortable like she's seeing right through my soul.
"Sey, called me last night. He told me to text Robert and to tell him you're with me when in fact you're with him." Her eyes narrowed and I gulped. "Why are you with Seymour, Ronnie? Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

I fidgeted on telling her the real score between me and her brother, but Miles is the only friend I have and I can't afford to hide anything to her.
"I am seeing him, Miles." I said hastily hoping she'd let it pass. Her eyes widen in so much astonishment. Her same green eyes with her brother dilated in so much excitement, surprise and wonder.

"How... When... Why... Oh my gosh, Ronnie! Since when did this happen?" She shrieked.

I covered her mouth and tugged her towards the end of the locker where we're free from eavesdropper.
"Shhh. Shut it, Miles. It's just recent." She looked at me impassively, boredly probing me to talk further. I rolled my eyes. Clearly, I can't let a single detail pass. "Fine! The other night when I sleepovered into your house. I saw him in the hallways because I got locked out and..." shall I tell her I offered myself as a virgin sacrifice in the night of his birthday? "We kind of made out." I trailed off. Her eyes widen in realization.

"Lying bitch! You're the virgin in Sey's room! Yeah! Now it makes sense! You left earlier than usual that morning and then my brother were becoming extra inquisitive about you. And the stains on Sey's bed sheets. Holy fuck! You gave your first to my brother!!!!" She pointed out specifically like she's somewhat like Sherlock and what she found out will change history.
My cheeks flared instantly. She's right in everything she said. Hmmn, she isn't that bad after all. And that struck me.

"You say, he has become extra inquisitive? What does that mean?"
"Well, the day when we first met, it was him who told me to call for back up. After that, he keeps asking about you: who you are, where you're from, how old you are, and what grade are you. I thought it was normal for him to ask about you since you're my friend. He has done it with my previous friends before but when you started seeing Baron, he kind of aloofed. And after that night..." then she started bursting out loud. My forehead crease? What? I stare at Miles' dying and laughing form in front of me, like she couldn't get a good grip from herself, with so much inquisitiveness.

"Miles!" I called her over and over again. After a couple of minutes, her laughter dies down and she wiped the corner of her eyes and smiled at me triumphantly.

"Well after that night, my brother started hating Baron for no apparent reason. He automatically scowls each time he's around and when he's near us, he's like about to kill someone." She chuckled heartily again. I don't get it. "I thought he was just being protective of me. But when I told him Baron was after you, he lost it. He kept asking and asking if I were with you, who are we with, and if Baron's around. Goddamn, my brother is fucking jealous!" She laughed again.
My heart slammed onto my chest upon hearing her words. I bit my lips. For unexplainable reasons, it felt good hearing those words but then I know better but to be overruled by my emotions. It's impossible. Whatever Pierre and I both have is purely... business. Yeah. In the call of lust and heat of the moment, we offer each other solace and satisfaction in a form of sex. It's purely carnal, nothing personal and deep. That's why I find Miles alien in everything she's saying. She doesn't make any sense.
How can you be so jealous into something you already had? Baron gets to see only the simpler and wholesome view of what he's having. He has me. I already gave myself to him. How can he still be jealous? I just don't get it.