Chapter Nine: Duel

"You're both hunters?" Bethel said.

"Something like that." Krystal replied.

"I hate to say it but you do realize you're both naked right?" I said.

"Right!" Vlad replied.

They take the clothes off  dead civilians.

"That's better." Vlad said as he adjusts his collar.  "Sorry about the view earlier 😅, we have to strip before we fuse."

"How is that possible?" Castiel asked.

"Before we move further, I'd like to know you both aren't going to try and kill my friend here, Flauros." I asked

"The Demon? Nahhh, I can't sense any  form of evil coming from him " Krystal replied.

"You can sense evil?" Bethel asked.

"More or less..." Krystal said.

"Besides we only hunt Angels and Demons who hunt and kill Nephilims, your friend here got side tracked." Vlad added.

"You hunt and kill Angels??" Castiel asked.

"Yes we do." Krystal replied.

"Then why did you help us?" Castiel asked.

"Don't push your luck sweetheart, we were helping the Nephilim not you guys." Krystal said.

"That Angel seal, where did you get it?" Bethel asked.

"From our mother, Eva." Krystal replied.

"Eva? How old are you two?" Castiel asked.

"Quite older than you all are." Vlad replied.

"Who is Eva?" I whispered to Flauros.

"She's the first Angel to ever fall in love with a Demon and the very first Angel to give birth to a Nephilim."

"Looks like Eva gave birth to two Nephilims." Castiel added.

"Actually we're not Nephilims, yet." Vlad said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I am an Angel. A full Angel while my sister is a Demon. When we fuse we become one Nephilim." Vlad said.

"Amazing..." Flauros said.

"Gross 🤢" I replied.

"Hate to cut in but we have a spear to retrieve and would someone undo this time warp. Bethel said.

➿➿➿➿➿➿➿
Abandoned church

Lilith, Asmoday and five Archdemons search the the abandoned church looking for an entrance to Zasalamel's chambers.

"Open every door, one of it is the entrance." Asmoday said.

Shortly after, they find the entrance. It's a very straight narrow road, after minutes of walking down the path, they meet a dead end.

"What trickery is this!?" Lilith exclaimed.

Asmoday reads the inscription on the wall which only he could understand.

"It's a puzzle. He who walks this part must either answer a riddle or have something valuable to trade for something of his." Asmoday said.

"What do you mean?" Lilith asked.

Suddenly a figure with skeleton head appears in front of the wall.