They went into the house while I stayed in the car since Dean says I have the death look in my eyes. I growled, then pouted, staring at the roof.
I mumbled" Stupid brothers not letting me go in with them. Knowing damn well I don't trust other hunters, especially ones that let kids hunt damn monsters."
After a few, Dean and Sam came out, they talked then Dean got into the car,
He said" Hey, stick with Sam, all right? Don't kill anyone."
I said" No promises." I water-ported to Sam, Dean drove off, I looked at Sam then went invisible.
Sam said" Promise not to attack?"
" I hate you guys and your bluntly trust with me."
" You don't trust people."
" I was abandoned, abused, neglected, for pretty much my entire life... now I'm a druggie siren hunter with brothers who are too nice."
" We're not too nice."
" You guys don't let me hunt solo, anymore."
" Because the last time you hunt solo, you water-ported to us with a huge gash across your back."
" That was an accident."
" Whatever." He walked in, I groaned and followed him quickly.
——
We walked into the kitchen,
Victor said" Sam, just in time. Grab a seat."
Sam said" Waffles?"
" Yeah, Krissy's favorite."
Krissy said" My dad used to make 'em for me all the time. I think it was the only thing he knew how to cook." I stood by as Sam sat down, I sighed, there's gotta be something wrong here. The kids took off,
Sam said" Wow."
Victor said" Whirlwind, right?"
" Yeah."
" It's always like that with kids. You got any?"
" Me? Uh, no."
" You want any?" I followed Sam into the kitchen,
" Uh, I don't know."
" Trust me, the answer's yes." He showed Sam a photo,
" These yours?"
" Yeah. Well, until we went camping and a wendigo ripped them to shreds."
" Sorry. Is that why you're doing this, taking all these kids in?"
" But you know what I realized, Sam, is that these kids, they don't have to live it the way we have. You know, crappy hotel rooms, always moving, no family, no life. It's not the only way."

The kids walked in,
Sam said" Hey. What happened to school?"
Aiden said" Victor pulled us out."
" Why?"
Victor said" 'Cause we've found another target."
" Who?"
" The vamp that killed Krissy's dad. You ready? Okay. Pulled this from a security camera at a nearby gas station."
" Wait, how do we know this is definitely her?"
" Police sketch, victim's accounts... and this."
Krissy said" My dad's necklace. My mom gave it to him on their anniversary." Sam picked up a photo, surveillance? Where's the time stamp at?
Sam said" Are you sure this is a video surveillance pic?"
" It's her!" Sam's phone rang,
" Excuse me." I followed him away from the group," Yeah. How did it go with the girl? So, who killed them, then? Something's up. Victor says he has a surveillance photo of the vampire that killed Krissy's father. But, Dean... I'm not so sure. There's no time stamp on it. Well, that, or he's just wrong. It's hard to say. No, no. I'm good. Let me do some more digging." I looked out the window, blue van? I hit Sam's arm and he looked out the window. We walked back to the dining room," Hey. Where did everybody go?"
Victor said" Tracking that vamp."
" Well, I think we got a problem a lot closer to home. Look at this. See that blue van? My brother saw it outside the hotel yesterday. We think he's working with the vampire we popped."
" Looks like we're going huntin'."

We walked out to the van, then headed down a path, I was still invisible, so if I need to make the jump on anyone... I can. We saw a guy in a hoodie, we walked over, then Victor hit Sam over the head with his gun. I turned visible, shifting, I attacked Victor, biting into his shoulder. I was pulled off him and into a tree, Victor shot me in the stomach. Everything went black.
——
I woke up to Sam,
He said" So what's he get out of this? Free roaming rights?" I breathed heavily, shifting, I hissed and pulled at the ropes.
Victor said" We are at war- a war that we are losing. That leviathan fiasco was a wake-up call. We have to do what we can to survive. But I wouldn't expect you to understand. You're not a father. You don't know what it's like to hear the cries of your children dying. But now I have a second chance to make it all right," He got closer to Sammy, I hissed," To create the next generation of hunters- stronger, faster, smarter." The front door opened,
Dean said" Hey, we're home." They walked in, Victor pointed a gun at Dean.
Josephine said" What is going on here?"
Victor said" These three are not to be trusted. They're trying to destroy us."
Aiden said" Do you know this vamp, Victor?"
Sam said" Of course he does! They're working together!"
" Is that true?"
Victor said" It's complicated."
Dean said" No, actually, it's not. See, blue van here's been turning fresh vamps and setting them up for you kids as easy kills."
Josephine said" But why?"
Krissy said" Because they didn't kill our families, did they?"
Victor said" No."
Josephine said" Well, then who did?"
The vamp said" I did. And they all screamed... and begged for mercy, especially the little ones."
Victor said" Enough, Seth! You have to understand. I saw a way to make the future better. But to get there, I had to do something hard."
Krissy said" He killed them off your orders?"
" You needed motivation. I scouted each and every one of you. And knew it was the only way to get you to hunt."
Aiden said" So you killed our families?"
" I know the deaths are tragic. But think of all the future lives that will now be saved because you are now together."
Krissy said" So, these fake vampires were just a way for you to train us and fill our heads with lies?!"
" Don't you see? This is bigger than all of us. We have to learn to put things in perspective. Come with me." He dropped the gun," We can get past this. That is unfortunate." The vamp grabbed Aiden, Dean pulled out his gun," We're leaving."
" That's not happening."
" I taught you everything you know. Don't make me hurt you."
" Not everything, Victor." She shot the vamp with darts, then pointed her gun at Victor.
Dean said" Krissy, don't."
" If we want revenge for our families' deaths, he gives it to us!"
" We don't kill people. You don't kill people."
" He's not a person. He's a monster."
Sam said" Krissy, this ends bad, no matter what we do."
" Exactly." She cocked her gun,
Dean said" Krissy, don't."
" This is for my dad." She clicked the gun," For Josephine's family." She clicked it again," For Aiden." She clicked again," For me." She dropped the bullets next to him and turned to Dean.
Aiden said" So, we're just gonna let him live?"
" Yeah. All alone, with himself. No family. No friends. Ask me, that's not much of anything. Let's save that girl." Then Victor shot himself, I'd rather have ripped his head from his shoulders, but whatever.
——
They were taking care of the woman, Krissy walked over to us,
Dean said" I'm proud of you."
Krissy said" Shut up, before I punch you."
Sam said" So, how's she doing?"
" Better now."
" Oh, um... I think this is yours." He handed her the necklace,
" Thank you."
" I'll wait outside." Sam and I walked out,
I said" Next time I saw we kill the guy, I'm killing the guy!"
" Done yet?"
" I'll be done in the next 100 miles!"
" Patched up good?"
" I hate you, I hate you both. Screw both of you."
" You're gonna be pissed at us for like a year, huh?"
" I haven't decided yet."
" Let me know."
" Ha. Let you know my ass, you'll never know. Screw you." I water-ported to the car and laid across the backseat.
They got into the car and Dean drove off,
Dean said" He okay?"
Sam said" He's pissed."
" Good to know." I hissed at him, Dean threw a ball of paper at me quickly.
" He says the next time something like this happens, he's killing first."
" He's pissed."
" Yep."
I said" Both of you shut up, and screw you."