Chapter 30

A week ago ( night of the accident )

"Jungkook please, stay with me," So Young shook Jungkook but he had already fainted.

"No," she sobbed, "don't do this to me."

Jungkook's trick had worked, So-Young survived the crash with only a few cuts and scratches here and there. But unfortunately for Jungkook, he didn't make it. But saving his Birdie was the most important for him and did that exactly.

So-Young cried, helplessly. She couldn't do anything at that moment, she didn't know what to do. Her heart was racing and aching, her eyes were blurry with tears making it hard for her to see. She didn't even felt the pain from the cuts, it was as if her body had gone numb and the only noticeable pain she felt was the one radiating from her heart.

She was traumatized from the previous accident and now this was something she couldn't handle. The familiar scene of seeing one of her loved ones injured and in pain opened up all her dreadful past memories.

Memories flashed across her head making her dizzy, she started to feel a headache coming through and her breathing got heavier. Soon she was finding it hard to breathe and was desperately trying to take in oxygen. But because of all the smoke, every time she breathed, she ended up coughing.

She felt all her oxygen was gone from her and she fainted from the sudden panic attack.

When So-Young woke up she was drenched in water. She took in a sharp breath finally coming to her senses. Her hands and legs felt restrained when she tried to move and burned in certain places.

It was pitch black, where ever she was. So-Young tried blinking a few times thinking maybe something was wrong with her eyes but it was just her surrounding that was dark. It smelled damp and like petrol or some other kind of car oil.

She tried to move but it was as if she was glued down.

Where am I? She thought.

"Look who's up?" Said a deep voice. So-Young hears footsteps coming towards her. The voice felt familiar, she was sure she had heard it somewhere before.

So-Young felt her heard being pulled up harshly by her hair. She winced.

"You took your sweet time, didn't you?" Whoever was talking to her pulled on her more harshly making her groan in pain.

"Who-who are you?" She whimpered, "what do you want?"

"Well, I think, honey, you know me very well," The unknown guy said, scoffing.

A few moments later the cloth over her eyes was removed and she immediately closed her eyes not being used to the brightness yet. It was brighter than she thought.

So-Young blinked a few more times before her eyes finally adjusted to the brightness. Caring about only one thing she immediately looks up to see who was standing in front of her. She gasped and her eyes widened when she recognized him.

"Jackson," Her voice was shaky and silent.

How could have she never thought that Jackson was behind all this? Everything was starting to connect. She was sure that no just Jackson but his entire family, The Wangs, must be involved in this.

So-Young's blood started to boil, how dare they.

She shot Jackson a deadly glare and he just smirked at her feistiness. "Now that you have recognized me, I don't have to explain anything, do I?" He kneeled in front.

"I am sure you can connect the dots by yourself," His voice was deep and threatening. Jackson took out a gun from his pocket and placed it under her chin, "Now be a good girl and tell me everything you know about your father's business."

So-Young kept her mouth shut. She was afraid but she wasn't weak. Even though the past few months were traumatic but they made her strong, stronger than she could imagine.

"So this is how it's going to be huh!" Jackson clicked the trigger, "still wanna keep that pretty little mouth of your shut?"

"Go ahead," So-Young rose her head high, "shoot me if you can but I won't say a word."

For a moment Jackson got shocked by her sudden pluckiness, it was clear in his eyes but it was gone as soon as it was there instead he smirked and nodded his in astonishment.

"Hmm...I must admit you've built some guts," Jackson fell quite after saying that. For a moment the whole room went silent then suddenly a laugh erupted from Jackson, a mock laugh. He shot So-Young a glance and stood up.

"Just because I admire that I'll let you live today," He turned his back to her, playing with his gun.

"Hope we get along because you are not leaving this place anytime soon," saying that he moved towards the door, and just like that he disappeared.

~~~~~~~~

Present ( at the hospital ).

"You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking," Jin asked, defeated.

Both Jimin and Rose look at each other not knowing what to say.

"Oh Lord," Jin lifted his hands up to his face and rubbed it. "What are we going to do?"

"We don't know yet," Rose spoke up, "but the problem is we cannot contact the police-"

"We cannot trust them," Jimin interrupted. "I am sure that most of the police in Busan in associated with the Wangs."

"Wangs?" Jin asked as he sat up and settled his eyes on Jimin.

"Yes, Wangs. They're jealously for Mr.Kim goes far back and they always wanted to crush him and take over his business," Jimin explains, "Mr. Kim was aware of it and was always cautious around them since he knew their reputation but still, he found it hard to ignore their deals once they were given only because they would benefit the company," He continues.

"Okay, I get that but which Wangs are you talking about exactly?" Jin asks.

"Jungkook's in-laws," Rose spoke up.

The statement left Jin speechless for a while, "what?"

"She's correct, I too just found out myself," Jimin said racking his hand through his hair out of habit.

"Oh My God, what is this bullshit? I knew something was off with them from the start, my oh so gay instincts were telling me something was fishy, especially with that spoiled brat," Jin scoffed," That bitch sure can act."

Rose snickered in response agreeing with her cousin.

"But that's not what's important right now," Jimin pointed out. "We need to find So-Young as soon as possible."

"But how?" Jin asked.

"We are yet to figure that out," Rose said, "We thought Jungkook could help. I am sure he can," she continued.

"But he's not in the right state of mind to absorb all this, he'll be heartbroken," Jin said.

"But he's the only one who can help..." Jimin's voice faded by the end of the sentence.

They all leaned back in their chairs, defeated and exhausted. Hopefully, God will make a way through all this. Hopefully, everything will go back to its place.

But some actions are needed to be taken.

As soon as possible.