12

Trigger Warning(s): look at this chapter's song and take a wild freaking guess lmao. there's no smut tho, i suck at writing that stuff, so the only sexual content is implied.

House of Cards by BTS (A/N: oh, yes, I did)

~ Emira's Point of View ~

9:12 PM, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2028. PUBLIC TRANSIT, SHANGHAI, CHINA.

"Kira..."

"Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't touch me. I am pretending I don't exist."

"I'm not mad."

"Good for you. If you were mad at me for professing my love for you, you would be a terrible person."

"Look, I'm not mad, embarrassed, confused... well, I guess I am a little confused, but that's the extent of my emotions, I swear! Not to be rude or anything, but this isn't the first time something like this has happened."

My eyes snapped open. "Oh, and that's supposed to make me feel better, that you have hordes of girls confessing their love to you? Great. Glad to know my dreams of being 'not like other girls' have been shattered."

"What?"

"Don't even ask. I'm never going to forgive Arlie for making me read fanfiction and stupidly, stupidly thinking it could happen with you." He swallowed hard, glancing around us at the other people in the train car, and leaned closer to me. I batted him away like a bug. "What did I say about not touching me?"

"I wasn't going to touch you, for God's sake," he hissed. "I was going to be discreet about telling you, but everyone's looking at you because you are acting like an idiot about something that doesn't even matter."

"Oh, so my feelings don't matter?"

"Oh, my Goooooood. This is why I don't date women."

That successfully planted a mountain of guilt in my chest for being angry about something he couldn't control. "Are you gay, then?"

"No! Of course not. Why would I kiss you if I was gay?"

Andddd, the guilt was gone. "To play with my heart."

"Yeah, because there's no way that I could share your feelings."

"There isn't!"

"Why?

"Because I'm stupid!"

"So, am I – what are you afraid of?"

It took me several moments to place the reference. "Stop misquoting Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back, and take me seriously!"

"Please, stop bickering!" the man sitting beside us groaned. "We can all understand English, and you're giving us a headache."

Jimin's eyes widened. "You can all...?" All the occupants of the car nodded, even the four-year-old boy whose mother was covering his ears. "For the love of God..." He grabbed my arm and hauled me up from my seat just as the subway slowed to a stop.

"What did I say about touching me? And this isn't our stop!"

"I don't care," he growled. "We're walking the rest of the way."

I attempted to jerk my arm out of his grip. "No, we aren't. It was starting to sprinkle when we got to the station."

"I guess you can have your The Notebook moment."