Chapter 9

I just stared at the screen, extremely confused. A million questions were running around my head. If Thalia's ticket was in my car, how did she get in the plane?. She didn't even know that her ticket was missing in the first place. But if she didn't get on the plane, why would she lie to me that she had?. What reason did she have to lie to me, why didn't she want to go back to Spain?. None of these questions had an answer. I looked at the ticket again to make sure that it was Thalia's ticket. Finally after about 10 minutes of wracking by brains, I gave up. If Thalia didn't tell me herself, I should just leave it. I shook my head and concentrated on my driving. But It was impossible. I couldn't shake the feeling off that Thalia was lying about something big. Not just about getting on the plane. All week she had acted weird on and off. That night as I lay in bed, I thought of how weird she had acted whenever Miranda was mentioned. about that strange guy she spoke to at the brew. She did tell me that she didn't know him and was a complete stranger to her, but something in the back of my head said that it was a lie too. I remembered that when Miranda finally had called, Thalia was weirdly relaxed. Finally I drifted off to sleep.
I woke up next morning as the sunlight washed over my room. I wondered for a minute as to why I felt that something was wrong, then in a flash I remembered last nights events. I dragged myself from bed and glanced out if the window thinking. I was just about to go and take a shower, when I remembered about Thalia telling me that Miranda might have sent an e-mail. Though Miranda called, she still might have sent something ,so I hurried to my laptop, booted it up and started going through my mails. There was a lot but none from Miranda. I sighed and drifted off to take a bath.