Chapter 8

"Well I guess this is goodbye" I said to Thalia. Tears were literally pouring from my face. It was 8:00 in the morning. Thalia's plane was taking off in a couple of hours and I was dropping her off in the airport. We were loading her luggage in the trunk. " I hate saying goodbyes" I muttered starting the engine. Thalia said nothing. She was staring out at the sunny day. I guessed she was too emotional right now. We drove in silence, until we got to the airport. "Goodbye Renee, I'll miss you a lot". " Me too Thalia. I had the best summer in ages". I looked at her and muttered again " I hate saying goodbyes". " you've already said that a hundred times". Thalia said wiping her face in her sleeve. We hugged tightly for one last time, then she turned and walked into the airport. I stood there for some time then returned to my car. I got in and started the engine, wondering what to do. It was still summer, though Thalia was gone. I finally decided to pick up my laptop from the techs and spend the rest of my day in the park,where my friend Theo did a part time job of selling fries, smoothies and sausages. I got down from my car and walked towards the building. I pushed it open and looked around for the guy I had given my laptop to. He was nowhere to be seen, the only person I did see was a middle aged woman with shocking pink hair and chewing a gum. "Mm Hi" I said looking around. "I uh came to get my laptop that I gave to repair on Friday, but I don't see Mr. Lereck around. The person I gave my laptop to" I added. " oh sweetie Mr Lereck isn't in today, what's your laptop appointment number?". That woman asked smiling "Number 406". "Oh yes Mr lereck told me that you might come today, I'll get your laptop". " she went into a room behind the counter and returned with my laptop under her arm". I took it with a word of thanks and fumbled into my pockets for the money. "It's already paid for, sweetie" she said. " It... is?" I asked taken aback. Then as if on cue my cellphone rang. It was Thalia, I answered. " Hey Renee I forgot to tell you one more thing. Remember I said that I had some work to do the other day". " yeah I do, why". " well I wanted to surprise you, so I already paid for the laptop repair charges". " seriously? Dude you didn't have to do that". " well I guess I felt bad about breaking it in the first place, anyway I gotta go. Bye " " bye Thalia". Then I hung up the call. I turned to the lady, "Well I guess it is already paid for. Thanks " the lady smiled as I exited the shop. I headed for the park next, and met my friend Theo. "Heyy Renesmee" he said "what's up". "Hmm nothing, just dropped Thalia at the airport" I replied. "Oh she's leaving today is she?, anyway fancy a smoothie? ". " only if it's free" I replied winking my eye. " My boss would go nuts if he knew, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him" he said grinning stupidly and handing me a glass of strawberry smoothie. "Thanks".
I helped Theo by handing over fruits to make smoothies, blending and scooping ice creams into cones the entire evening while conversing with him. By about 6:00 I decided to go home. I said bye and got into my car. I was just turning into Bayfare street when something on the passenger seat caught my eyes. I saw what it was and... gasped.It was Thalia's plane ticket!. Oh no what is Thalia's ticket doing here , she won't be able to get into her flight, she might be freaking out right now, what's worse it was way past the time that her plane was supposed to leave to Spain!. I grabbed my phone to call her, cursing myself. Why the heck didn't I see it before!. "Hello?Renee?". " Hey Thalia! Look your...". "Renee can I call you ones I've landed, the air hostess is going berserk trying to get everyone to switch off their devices". "Whaa..? You..you're on the plane!?". "Yes I am". "But..". "Renee I really have to go, bye". And she hung up. What in the world just happened now!