Chapter 1

The shrill sound of my alarm clock woke me up with a start. I untangled myself from my blanket and glanced at my clock. It was 9:00am. I yelped, this is the day my best friend Thalia was coming from Spain!. I jumped off my bed and grabbed my clothes for the day and took a five minute shower, snatched my car keys from the counter top and dived into my car, in a minute I was on my way to meet Thalia at the airport!. While I drove I thought of all the years we had been together. Even after she had moved to Spain with her family we still kept in touch. Four Summers back I visited her in Spain, and I had the time of my life. I pulled into the parking lot of the international airport jumped off my car and went in. I looked around for the familiar face I hadn't seen in years, and there she was, her jet black hair glistening because of the light, her brown eyes anxiously scanning the crowd. "THALIA"I cried. That anxious face was replaced by a look of intense happiness. "RENESMEE"she cried. I ran towards her and pulled her into a tight hug and held her until she said "can't breath" While we drove back home I told her all the plans for the week. She was just as much as excited as I was. After we got home my mom welcomed her with open hands, "It's great to see you Mrs Valdez how are you" " I'm doing great dear, I take it your journey here was easy" "It was" Thalia replied. Later we visited the museum, where we saw statues of ancient rulers and artifacts of Malaysia. We laughed at the way George Washington, the first ever president of America's nose curved at the end. We read ancient scriptures, how punishments was given to people who lied, at this Thalia got a little edgy, but I didn't take much notice of it. " let's check out that sculpture over there" she said quickly "he looks as if a crow pooped on his head" we laughed at the lame joke and headed that way.....
couple of hours later we set off back home.
"How's Miranda doing back in Spain?" I asked that night as I lay on bed thinking about my older sister who left Malaysia two years ago to pursue her career as a journalist. "Um... Mi.. Miranda..??" Thalia stuttered. "Um.. yeah she's.. she's.. doing good.. no.. great!" She smiled and looked away quickly. "Oh, Ok?" I answered with a lot of bewilderment. "Oh well... a long day huh?? Good night!!" She quickly pulled the covers on her head. "Night..." I nodded absently giving her a suspicious look. Something about Thalia looked strange, but then it was a long time since she left Malaysia. She might be feeling a little nervous to be back. I slowly dozed off lost in my thoughts....