Chapter 5

"Hello? Is this laptop techs??" "Yes, how can I help you?" "Yeah, um.. I need you to check on my laptop, I sort of accidentally dropped it, the display has a minor crack too... and it's impossible getting it turned on" "Hmm... I think that some wiring in it has gone wrong anyways ma'am, come over to laptop techs, I'll check on it" "Thank you so much, I'll be there shortly"
I stopped my car just off the pavement. Thalia and I crossed over to Main Street and started walking towards laptop techs. We were going there to repair my laptop which Thalia accidentally dropped yesterday.
The only thing that has been laying in the back of my head since yesterday night was Why did Thalia have to take my laptop?? She has one perfectly working... and besides she hates using mine
"Hey Thalia," I said walking behind her, trying unsuccessfully to keep up with her long strides. "Yeah??" "Just out of curiosity... Why did you take my laptop yesterday" I asked trying to keep my voice casual. "Like girl you hate using The Mac" an uneasy chuckle escaped my lips. "Oh...." her voice trailed off. "Soo?? Why??" "Your laptop was sitting on my red scarf, so I absently pulled it, I'm soo sorry. hey look we're here" she grabbed the broken laptop from my hand and threw opened the building's door and stomped in.. "So how long will it take to repair it?" I asked the guy who was checking my laptop. "This could be done easily, take just about a few hours, but I've another appointment today, so I have to start yours tomorrow". "And you can return it tomorrow? Right?" Thalia said sounding desperate. "Well..yes hopefully". I wondered why Thalia cared about returning my laptop soon, but after I thought about it, the answers was pretty obvious. She wanted me to get my laptop soon, so I could check if I had any e-mails from my sis. "Well thanks goodbye". We left the shop. "What do you think we should do today?" Thalia asked me. "I don't know, how about go shopping?". "Perfect". We loaded into my car and drove off to one of our favourite malls... "Oh my god look at that outfit, it's soo cute I have to try it on!" Thalia squealed. She grabbed the turquoise dress and charged into the changing rooms. I wondered around looking at clothes and super cool boots. I went into an over crowded shelf and emerged from it almost like a ragamuffin, but it was totally worth it, I found this cool denim jacket that would go perfectly with my white top back at home. "Hey how do I look?" Thalia's voice sounded from behind me. I turned around and.. "OMG Thalia you look incredible!" "Really? I thought it was too tight, anyways look what I found for you!!" she said holding out a green dress with a pretty silver belt around it, I gasped, it was simply gorgeous. "Cmon what are you waiting for, try it on" she shoved me into one of the changing rooms...We emerged from the mall hours later clutching our purchases. "What now?" Thalia asked me. "Well they've opened a new café that sells yummy chocolate waffles that you have to try!" "Did you say waffles? That's good enough for me, let's go". We entered the little shop. It was lit brightly with soft orange light and every square inch of the place had comfy couches and bean bags. We settled down comfortably on a couch and ordered waffles and hot chocolate though it was mid summer. We talked, ate and took many pictures. Almost half an hour later we exited the shop and got into my car to head home. Suddenly I noticed a guy who was staring directly at us. "Who is that? And why is he staring at us??" I muttered to Thalia. "Who is who??" " That guy over there". She looked around and spotted the man. "I don't know, he looks creepy let's get out of here". We hurried into our car. I talked while Thalia drove. "Here is a question for you, what do vampires call a phone book?". "Mmm a number book?. " Nope". "A human book". "Nooo". " Food? Come on that has to be right?. "Nah". "Mmmm I don't know tell me". "A menu! How could you not get that??" "That is soo lame" she said rolling her eyes and laughing. "Why are you laughing then?". "Cuz it's lame, tell me another". "Okay, what did the grape say when the elephant trod on it". "ouch?". I shook my head. "Chuck?". "No.. shall I te..NOOOOO!!THALIA WATCH OUT!!!!TURRN!!