Finally

When it reached the first away game of the season, Lindsey was terrified. The nanny was so nice, her name was Jessica and she was a senior in college. Leaving Avery alone with her for two days is what scares her the most.

"You sure you're okay watching her for the next couple of days?" Lindsey asked her

"I promise i'm okay, we've bonded a lot and I think she'll be good. We'll facetime whenever you need and i'll make sure to facetime Emily too so that she can see her. I got this Lindsey" Jessica said confidently

"okay, sorry for questioning you it's just this is my baby and I have to be overprotective"

"I know and i'll make sure you're baby is the same baby when you come back"

"thanks, really for everything"

"I love Aves i'd do anything for her, for you guys"

Lindsey left the house that morning feeling better. Still not there completely but she felt better.

The next morning Lindsey woke up in Seattle. It was 8 so Avery was awake already, she facetimed Jessica so that she could talk to her baby before she left for the game.

"hey"

"good morning, Avery just woke up a bit ago she's a little cranky this morning"

"oh no, let me see her"

"here" Jessica pointed the camera at Avery

"Hi baby, I miss you so much I'll be back tomorrow night okay? be a good one for Jess, I love you so much"

They talked on the phone for a while and after Lindsey called Emily to check in on her.

"hi my love"

"hey" Emily said in deep voice signaling she just woke up

"did I wake you, sorry"

"It's fine I had to get up soon anyways, whats up?"

"I was just on facetime with Jess and Aves. I hate it, leaving her there with no parent. I think i'd feel better if we were together but were in two different states, it just feels wrong"

"That's how I feel on a daily basis, sometimes I get this feeling that I just want to quit and move to Portland and be with y'all. Never leave, ever"

"I'm sorry, I'm making my situation sound bad. I at least get to go see her tomorrow but you don't, i'm sorry."

"it's okay Linds, i've been think if I don't get my trade excepted i'm gonna retire. I know it's soon but I can't be away from you guys anymore it's too hard. Please don't try and stop me"

Lindsey checked the time and realized it was time to go, "listen I have to go down but this conversation is not over, you're not retiring, I don't care i'll threaten to leave they'll have to accept then. I love you, I miss you"

"I miss and love you even more, call me tonight?"

"for sure, hey kick some butt out there and please don't get carded"

"haha you kick some butt too, bye"

"bye"

~~

It's now July. Avery is 6 months, half way to a year. Emily is still in LA, her bye week is soon and she's going to visit. Lindsey is doing better, she feels more confident and has everything under control.

Emily facetimes them every single day and so far she hasn't missed anything except for today.

"BABE LOOK" Lindsey shouted through the phone, it was Avery sitting up on her own without any help