Rules

It's been about 3 days since our goodbye in the airport. I visited my parents for a day in Georgia then drove down to Orlando. I was on a walk with Bagel when I got a text from her for the first time since the airport.

I know three days doesn't seem like a lot but when you're in this situation with someone it feels like years.

Linds- hey want to ft?

Son- I'm on a walk with bagel, almost done and i'll call when i'm back

Linds- sounds good

Well that's more than I expected. If anything I just expected her to text not FaceTime or at least not yet, but hey i'll take it.

When I got back to my apartment I gave Bagel some water then called her.

"hey"

"hi" she said

"so how are things going down in bright, sunny Orlando"

"things are going, that's for sure" I mean things weren't bad they just aren't the same as they were in Portland.

"when do you start training"

"not anything soon Linds it's only the end of February" I said chuckling

"right, right that was a stupid question"

"no, no it's okay" this conversation is a lot more awkward then I thought it was going to be.

"wow why is this awkward"

"you read my mind"

She laughed

"maybe it's because of everything that is changing between us" I put out as an idea and instantly regretted it.

She was quiet for a moment. "listen I promise you I have been exploring this new side and I have learned a lot but still Em.." that's a new one, "..i'm just not ready yet"

"I understand and I know Lindsey, I wasn't trying to pressure you. I do though want you to know I'm proud of you for taking this time and exploring yourself"

She smiled and damn do I love and miss that smile.

"Thanks Son it means a lot, especially from you, saying that you proud of me"

That made my day so much better.

We talked for a while about many different things. Mainly about how different Portland is from Orlando and How much more I would prefer to be there. Things happen though and it will be fine. This next thing she said really caught me off guard.

"how- how'd you tell your parents"

"what"

"you know that you were gay"

"oh..well i.." I haven't actually TOLD them told them I just guessed they knew already. "uh i guess I haven't really told them I know that they already know so I don't stress myself about it"

"but if you were to tell them how would you"

"Linds you don't have to tell your parents anything yet you can explore, you can find that person and love that person, and at the end if the day if your parents don't except you then maybe..maybe you love that person so much you'll want to pick them over your family. That person means so much to you that you see a future with them." wait shit she looks scare BACKTRACK I REPEAT BACKTRACK "Lindsey what I was trying to say was that if you live this person so much then your parents opinions don't matter" okay that's better.

"Yea, yea you're right. Okay I should go"

"Alright bye linds see you at camp hopefully"

"Bye Son"