Head In The Game

Emily's POV
We play in the semifinals knowing it was gonna be a tough game. We play against the Courage, in general they are a good team. The biggest problem is that us national teamers just got back from the last victory tour game, which we won, that means that we're beat.

This game I knew I wasn't gonna get the start for the reasons listed above. Sitting on the bench was so hard because out back line was getting beaten up. I struggle watching our player go into questionable slide tackles which may seem like a good idea in the moment but from the bench it's probably the worst idea. At halftime we are down 3-0. Honestly I saw this coming, we all just look like a wreck. I got subbed into the match at the 60th minute with strict instructions to "be a wall". Well being a wall is easier said than done. I did the same exact thing that the rest of them did, go into questionable slide tackles.

Except in the 85th minute mine didn't go as planned. You remember the national team game earlier this year when Lindsey went into that slide tackle and hurt her collarbone. Well picture that and only ten times worse. I was lying there in the floor with adrenaline still running through my body so in the moment it didn't hurt too bad, but once I laid there for a second all the pain was there.

They finally blew the whistle and the medical team was there in a jiffy. We went through the regular, on a scale of one through ten, can you move it, shit and minutes later I had my jersey supporting my arm and was walking off the field. I'm not a pussy I wasn't about to let a stretcher come out for a hurt collarbone.

"guys i'll be fine I can finish playing it's only another 5 minutes or so" I said

"Sonnett you realize that currently you're collarbone is being supported by your shirt, there's no way i'm letting you go back out" Marc told me

"great" They made me go back into the trainers room to get checked

After ten minutes of them examining my arm, they told me I should take into consideration going to the hospital to have it X-rayed. I complied and went. I know as a kid you always wanted to ride in an ambulance but now that i'm here it's the last place I want to be.

"you have anyone you can call" the dude sitting back there asked me

"um my sister but she lives in Georgia"

"No mom, dad, boyfriend, girlfriend, or a friend in general"

"let's see I don't talk to either of my parents anymore, definitely not straight, my girlfriend live on the other side of the country about to play her own soccer game and my only friends here are playing the rest of their own soccer game right now so...no" I laughed a bit at the end

"fair" he said

I called Emma and told her what happened and she said she was gonna drive down here.

Lindsey also had a game that day but her's was later so I'm hoping she wasn't watching. We reached the hospital and I was taken in. They took me back to get an X-ray, while I was waiting for the results I noticed I got a text from Lindsey, great.

Linds- Son wtf I thought I said don't get hurt. Now I have to play this game and try not to think about u. Once this is over I'm getting on the next flight, u can't say no bc u can't txt back lol, love u

She was right I can't text back, in matter of fact I can't even more my shoulder area an inch without it hurting. I manage some how to sort of type back

Son- no but luv u 2

Good enough. About twenty minutes later the doctor comes back with my results and tells me that I need surgery, GREAT.

"So this surgery will be so that we can put the bone fragments back together and then in about two months it should be healed but you will need physical therapy to build back the strength and get it moving the same way it was before." She said