Highs and Lows

Once they arrive to the wedding reception things get hectic. Of course people were already drinking and having a blast. When they got introduced and had their first dance. It was magical, Emily force Lindsey to practice before the wedding because she wanted this dance to be perfect especially seeing as she is a great dancer herself.

Due to Emily's high request the food of choice was nothing fancy. They didn't really want a fancy wedding they just wanted to have fun and make memories. It was basically a buffet and they had everything from chicken to waffles. Lindsey let it slide but she had to add the chicken because she knew not everyone would want a waffle.

They were talking to everyone but managed to find alone time with each other.

"I can't believe this is all happening I mean just look around" Sonnett said

"I know, to think only 3 years ago we're just two idiots pinning over each other not knowing we both felt the same way, but we figured it out and now we're here"

"i'm glad we're here I couldn't imagine being here with anyone else. I never wanted to be here with anyone else"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

Kelley pulled them away and to the dance floor. When the cutting of the cake came around Emily being the little prankster she is smashed Lindsey's entire face into the piece of cake they had.

They night was coming to a close some people drunk others not so much. Emily and Lindsey were apart of the not so much because they had a big night ahead of them. They got a hotel room in one of the nicer hotels in Portland but were flying to Bora Bora in the morning where they will spend a week there before season started.

"This week has been magical almost like a dream" Lindsey said as they were laying on the beach

"I don't even remember most of the night and I wasn't even drunk"

That trip was filled with good memories and a lot of sex.

~~

At the end of last season Emily requested a trade back to Portland so that she and Lindsey could live together and really start their lives. What they found out earlier the year of 2023 was that her trade request was not accepted, so she was stuck in Orlando for longer.

This news hurt to say the least but they had a wedding to put on and need to focus in the up coming World Cup.

The two were called up to the last national team camp before the rosters were finalized and worked harder than ever before. They wanted to be on that plane to Australia more than ever.

After camp they went their separate ways and focused on their careers. When Lindsey would do press conference she was constantly asked about Emily's trade request being denied and how it effected her personally

"Lindsey earlier this year Emily Sonnett requested to be traded back to the Portland and it getting denied must have been hard on you, knowing your guy's history"

"Well..um..we have more than a history. We're married and yea I mean it was hard getting the news that she wasn't coming back this year, because we have our entire lives here..I know the thought that happened with this decision and in the end the coaches just saw us going in a different direction but I hope that some day I will be able to play with her again because we not only work great together but we want to settle down as much as we can, since flying back and forth across the country is crazy...but yea that's enough on my private life" she laughed near the end

The next week the roster got announced for the 2023 World Cup and surprise, both of them made it. They called each other first before anyone else and shared this moment together.