Gracious Game 4

Chapter 4: 420 Mississippis of Jealousy

 [Edited]

            Coming out from the pantry, the couple was met with ten pairs of curious eyes. Though one set of those eyes was just a fleeting glance due to the fact that they were walking towards the door. Shikamaru was leaving for reasons unknown to Shino and TenTen.

            “A few seconds ago Kiba just like burst up and left. It was so weird,” said Naruto with a worried look on his face. Kiba and he had gotten to be friends in the past year or so. This wasn’t Kiba’s usual behavior. He and Naruto should have been laughing their heads off at this scene as they would on any other day. Shino and TenTen! There’s no way! This should have been a joke to be told. Now why was Kiba leaving? And better yet, why was Shikamaru following suit?

--------->.<---------

            Kiba wouldn't have been able to see, or rather hear, the boy he absolutely loved kiss another boy. It would have crushed his heart and his soul into oblivion. He would rather be kidnapped and stabbed seven times (specifically) than have that happen right in front of him. Kiba had always had been in love with another boy, had always been gay. He just ... couldn't get it out. He showed his sexuality in a way other than sex.  Sex wasn't all that he wanted. He wanted a relationship. More than anything, he wanted an honest to God relationship.

            Attention. That was how he showed his affection. He gives Shikamaru his attention. Conversations, kind gestures, going out of his way to help the other boy. He did all that to show his affection. Kiba just couldn’t let his love to show enough for the other thick-headed male to notice it all.

            The fact that Shikamaru was next in line to spin the bottle had made Kiba’s heart pound. It-it could spin and land on him. He could have gone in Heaven with him and—and kissed him without Shikamaru thinking it was weird. Without being called a harsh name. Without the avoidance and awkward confession even. Shikamaru would have just ... been okay with it. But was that really what Kiba wanted? Just acceptance?

            No, Kiba wanted to have Shikamaru for his own. For Shikamaru to love him back with that same passion that had been flowing through Kiba for the past year and a half.

            Shoving out of the chair next to Naruto and the busy Shino, Kiba rushed out of Sakura's dining room. The chances that it would have landed on Kiba were slim. It probably would have landed on Sasuke and they would have been getting hot and heavy within seconds of the door closing. It was obvious Sasuke was horny anyway; why else would be be skirming around like that? Or maybe Naruto and they would have whispered sweet nothings in each other's ears. It could have been even Chouji! They could have done things Kiba probably couldn't have even dreamed possible, especially for Chouji. Shikamaru would have done all those things. To anyone. Just-Just not to Kiba.

            Kiba's eyelids tighten over his tearing eyes. Shaking his head he opened Sakura's front door and left. As he started his way over the porch, he heard a familiar voice call, “What do you think you're doing, dog-breath?”

            Kiba flinched visibly as the long haired brunette closed the short distance between them.

            “I-I have to go feed Akamaru,” Kiba lied quickly, keeping his eyes anywhere but on the boy in front of him.

            ‘He can't know. He can't know. He would hate me and then I would never be able to see him,’ Kiba's thoughts were against what his body wanted. His legs wanted to walk over to Shikamaru. His arms wanted to wrap themselves around Shikamaru's muscled middle. Kiba's hands wanted to feel the soft skin that lay beneath the cotton on Shikamaru's body. His lips wanted to brush up against the other’s and taste his salty skin. How badly his body wanted to connect with Shikamaru's.

-------------(!)_(¡)------------

            “You fed Akamaru after school. I was with you,” Shikamaru responded with a knowing smirk on his face. He knew something was up. The shadow controller wasn't stupid, if anything he was nearly a genius. Kiba liked someone that hadn't been kissed yet, it was obvious. Whoever it was, Kiba loved them deeply. Shikamaru had never seen Kiba so frustrated, nervous, and sad at the same time.

            Turning around, Kiba's face was noticeably flushed and he was at loss for words. “Um ... I-I have to do my homework?” Instead of stating the fact, it was more of a question. This made Shikamaru amused, more so than before. The boy really didn't want to see whoever it was he loved kiss someone else.

            Stepping into Kiba's personal boundaries, Shikamaru whispered, “It's Friday. You have all weekend.” Shikamaru was taller than the dog-boy by a mere couple inches and had to look downward to see his face. Kiba was looking at the ground.

            He then looked up with a fake amused look. “Nothing like a head start, eh?” Kiba then gave a faulty laugh and started to walk backwards.

            “Who is it Kiba?” Shikamaru couldn't wait any longer. Whoever the person was, he had to know. Shikamaru wasn't sure why, but the thought of Kiba liking someone else made his gut twist with rage. And s-some other feeling. A feeling strangely similar to jealousy. Shikamaru couldn't be jealous though. What was there to be jealous of?

            It was just Kiba.

            ‘Just ... Kiba,’ Shikamaru's eyes strayed, looking at the backing Kiba. With his brown hair that even brushed looked like it was bed-head. Kiba's playful brown eyes that sparkled when he laughed or smiled. Those two triangular tattoos that were under his brown eyes. How they came to be, Shikamaru always wonder. That small scar on Kiba's chin that Shikamaru sometimes wanted to kiss and lick. Kiba's soft looking lips that grinned, smiled, smirked. That oh, so gently got moistened by Kiba’s small, pink tongue.

            Those features were plagued with a look of fear. Kiba stopped backing away and stared up at the older of the two. “I d-don't know what you're talking about,” Kiba sputtered out, trying to fix his features to look confused and innocent and failing entirely. Stepping a few feet forward, Shikamaru again stepped into Kiba's personal boundaries. Shikamaru's heart beat just a bit faster and his breath came quicker and shallower. Dipping his head to Kiba's ear, Shikamaru muttered in a husky voice, “I think you do.”

            The smaller boy's body shuddered with pleasure and his eyelids flickered shut. Kiba let out a whimper and nodded slightly. Shikamaru chuckled at the boy's innocence and before he would give his mouth permission, it was already kissing the smaller of the two.