72. We're In This Together

I wake up this morning feeling pretty damn awful. My demons are bad today and everything feels pointless.

After laying in bed for a while trying to convince myself to get up without trying to kill myself, I finally give up and go downstairs to the living room. I decide to put on Harry Potter because it's my favorite movie series and it always makes me feel a little better.

During the second movie, I get a text from my best friend Andy. I pick up my phone and text him back.

A: Hey Chloe. Are you busy right now?

C: Not really. My demons are pretty bad right now.

A: Mine too. Wanna come over and be miserable together?

C: I would, but I don't trust myself to drive without crashing right now. You can come here tho if you want.

A: I can't drive right now either. And if I walk, I know I'll jump into traffic. I'll call Lonny and have him drive me. I'll see you in a few.

C: Alright. Be safe, please. I'll see you soon.

After texting Andy, I decide to run back upstairs to get extra pillows and blankets so me and Andy can just lay on the couch under the blankets and try to comfort each other. In a way, it's kinda nice to have someone who feels the same way you do. As much as it hurts to feel like this, you have someone to suffer with you, and you can build each other back up.

After about 20 minutes, the doorbell rings. I open the door to let Andy in and walk back over to the couch. Andy closes the door as he walks in and sits on the couch next to me. He still hasn't said a word, meaning he's just as sad as I am- maybe worse.

"How bad is it for you?" I ask quietly.

"Out of 10? 40. You?" He whispers barely audible.

"About 15." I answer.

I look towards Andy and see him looking down at the ground and hiding his face behind his fringe.

"It's so fucking bad right now." He whispers in a breaking voice.

"I know, Andy. We'll be okay though." I say as I hold his hand, gently squeezing it.

After a few seconds of silence, I hear him start crying hard but still quietly. Without saying anything else, I move closer to him and wrap my arms around him tightly. He hugs me back and hides his face in my shoulder, crying harder and slightly louder.

I hug him as tight as I can and let myself cry with him. The both of us cling to each other, letting out all our emotions until we both run out of tears.

Eventually we both stop crying but we stay in the hug, neither of us wanting to lose the comfort of the other.

"Do you feel better?" I ask Andy softly.

"Yea. It's a 30 now. Do you feel better?" He answers.

"Yea. It's a 4 now." I say.

"It's amazing how much this helps." He whispers as he cuddles closer to me.

"It is." I whisper, holding him tighter.