25. Neko Andy (part 2)

When we walked into Ashley's house, there was another neko girl sitting on the couch. She has purple hair, grey ears, a grey tail, and is wearing all black.

"Hi Ashley! Who's this?" The girl yelled excitedly as she jumped up off the couch.

"Hi Chloe. This is Andy. He's your new brother. Andy, this is Chloe." Ashley said.

"Hi Andy!" Chloe says. I just smile weakly and look down.

"Oh I forgot to mention that he doesn't speak. According to Ronnie, he was abused and was never treated very well." Ashley says.

I hate hearing people talk about my past. It makes me really anxious and sad. I felt tears prick my eyes and a few fell down my face before I could stop them.

"Aww Andy don't cry! You're gonna love it here! Ashley is the sweetest person ever! You're gonna love him!" Chloe says. I just nodded and tried to calm down, but it wasn't working.

"Can I hug you?" She asked.

As much as hugs make me feel more scared, I somehow feel like I can trust Chloe, so I nodded. She slowly and carefully wrapped her arms around me and I hugged her back. At first, I was kinda scared, but she hugged me really gently and started rubbing my back lightly. After a few seconds, I wasn't as scared and I actually hugged her tighter, and she did the same. I was still crying quietly, but Chloe holding me was strangely comforting. It actually felt really good to be held. I actually felt safe when she held me. I guess this is what hugs are supposed to feel like. After I had calmed down, we both pulled away. Chloe petted my head between my ears, making me purr and told me that everything will be okay. And for some reason, I feel like I can believe her.

"Hey Chloe, how about you show Andy his room?" Ashley said.

"Okay! Come on, Andy!" Chloe responded.

She held her hand out for me, and I held her hand. She led me up the stairs and into a room.

"Here Andy! This is your room!" She said as she opened the door.

When she turned in the light, there was a bed that looked really soft and comfy, a lot of really fuzzy blankets and pillows, a few dressers, and a TV. This room is so much better than any of the other rooms I've had.

"Do you like it?" She asked. I nodded and smiled.

"We need a better way of communicating. I have an idea! Wait here for a sec!" She said before running out of the room.

Even though I've never had a very good experience being around others, I still really hate being alone. It scares me. I felt it getting harder to breathe and I could feel tears forming in my eyes again. For some reason, the first thing I thought of was 'I really need a hug right now'. Usually hugs are the last thing I would want, but I guess since Chloe comforted me downstairs when I was crying, it made me want a hug now that I'm starting to have a panic attack.

A few minutes later, Chloe came back with a notebook and a pen. I was still having a panic attack and surprised myself by running to Chloe and throwing my arms around her, hugging her tightly. She seemed a little surprised as well, but she hugged me back just as tightly as I hugged her.

"are you okay?" She asked. I shook my head and started to cry a little harder.

"Okay, it's okay. You're alright. I'm right here. No one is going to hurt you. I'm here now." She whispered while holding me and rubbing my back. I calmed down almost immediately and when we pulled away, she handed me the notebook and pen.

"Here. Write down anything you want to say in here. This way you can communicate better than just nodding or shaking your head." She said.

I opened the notebook and wrote 'thank you' in it and handed her the notebook.

"You're welcome. Now, do you think you can tell me why you were crying? You don't have to if you don't want to."

I grabbed her hand and led her to my bed and we both sat down. I started explaining everything to her about my past and why I cried when she left the room.

I was abused by every owner I've ever had. I would always get hit and beaten if I did something wrong and sometimes for no reason at all. They always told me that I was worthless and a waste of space and that I was better off dead. Every time I would talk, I would get hit, so I just stopped talking all together. I started crying when Ashley told you I was abused because hearing people talk about my past is really hard for me. I'll get used to it eventually, but for right now it still hurts a lot to hear. I also started to have a panic attack when you left because even though I was treated so badly, I still hate being alone and I get really nervous when I'm alone. That's why I hugged you and started crying when you came back.
I used to be terrified of hugs, but when you hugged me, it was actually really comforting and it felt really nice to be held. That's why I ran to you and hugged you out of nowhere. The first thing I thought of when I started panicking was 'I need a hug'. That's never happened before. I can't explain why I usually hate hugs right now because I'm not ready to talk about it yet, but I'll tell you when I can.

I handed her the notebook when I finished writing, and apparently I started to cry while I was writing. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt something wet drip onto my hand. I reached up and touched my face and it was wet with tears.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! That sounds awful. I'm sorry you had to go through that and more than once. You didn't deserve any of that. No ones ever gonna hurt you again. I promise." She said as she hugged me again.

Her hugs are so comforting. I could stay here in her arms all day.