Chapter 40: Arm

He was yelling again. The pirate crew was cowering in fear as their captain destroyed everything and lectured them for not making enough money this week. Harry covered his ears at the sound of a gunshot. A pair of arms wrapped around him, engulfing him with warmth. He looked up to see his mother smiling at him. She ran her hands through his messy black hair. A sweet melody escaped her voice in a small hum.

'Why is daddy always angry?' Harry snuggled close to his mother.

'He is not angry at you. He's just... upset with how we are living' She placed a kiss on his forehead. Harriet knocked on the wall with her foot, making her presence known. She was carrying her newborn sister in her arms. Their mother's gaze softened as her daughter handed her the infant. Harry and his older sister watched their mother cradle the baby girl in her embrace. 'Believe or not, your father was happy once'

'He was?' Harriet sat next to her mother, sounding as if the idea of her father being happy was out of this world.

'What made him happy?' Harry glanced at the woman with curious eyes.

'You' His mother playfully shoved Harriet before turning to Harry. 'And you'

'What about Calista?' Harriet glanced at her sleeping baby sister. The little girl was born just two weeks ago. She remembers how her father hadn't yelled or went on a rampage for those weeks.

'Of course, she made him happy' Their mother cooed at the baby.

'Then how come he's not happy right now?' Harry pouted. 'How come he's always hitting us? Why is he so scary?'

The smile their mother held faltered. It broke her heart when she saw her children show any sign of sadness. They meant everything to her. With one arm still holding the newborn, she pulled Harry back to her side. She stared at Harriet, signalling to her to come close to her. They embraced each other in silence. Captain Hook's voice could be heard throughout the ship, the room they were in was filled with peace and love. It was filled with this hope that everything would get better.

She was humming again. Harry and Harriet immediately smiled at the sound of their mother's soft voice. Even little CJ was smiling. They know that the Isle was nothing but a gloomy island that was overrun by villains, but the thought of someone as gentle as Emilia Baines-Hook being his mother made Harry feel like he could live here in peace.

-----

Harry felt his heart quicken with every step he took. They had walked deep through the underworld. They have seen all sorts of creatures passing by. Some were frightening, others disturbing to look at, and the rest looking like any other human-being. All creatures would give slight bows to you, Makaria, and Thanatos. They would gossip about the pirates, wondering why the living was visiting.

"Ah!" CJ yelled as she fell to the ground. Everyone turned around to see a bony arm grabbing the girl's ankle. The blonde glared, pulling out her sword, and knocking the arm off of her. "Bloody thing! Almost ruining my boots"

"Are you okay, CJ?" Harriet sighed.

"Oh, I'm completely fine. It's not like I was about to be dragged through the dirt by a dumb zombie!" CJ huffed.

"They're not zombies" Makaria glanced at the girl. CJ rolled her eyes at your sister's response. Meanwhile, Harry noticed that you picked up the skeleton arm. You stared at it, deep in thought, before hovering your hand over it.

"What is it?" He walked over to you, grabbing everyone's attention.

"This is your grandfather's arm." You looked back at him. The arm jumped out of your hold and jumped onto Harry's head, ruffling his hair. He noticed a silver bracelet that was wrapped around the arm.