Chapter 2: Getting to Know (y/n)

Mal and her group of friends entered the cottage, instantly noticing the strong smell of flowers everywhere. Hades complimented Persephone for remembering his favorite flowers. The goddess blushed and the two began an interesting conversation about what they have been up to these past thousands of years. Demeter made snarky comments about the other gods every once in a while. The three gods were too busy talking and having tea to notice (y/n) taking the teenagers upstairs to her room.

Like the rest of the house, (y/n)'s room was lit up with the amount of sunlight coming through the windows and the large balcony doors. The colors of blue and purple decorated the room, along with hints of pink. Irises, violets, and larkspurs were spread around the room in all sorts of different shaped vases. A white carpet covered the room's floor. In the middle of the room was a canopy bed, a bedside table on each side with vases of flowers, and a lamp. Pink fairy lights were placed on top of the canopy curtain. A blue neon sign was hanging on the purple-colored wall behind the bed that read 'Let the Fire Burn'. There was a blue-colored chair placed in the left upper corner of the room, purple and pink pillows on top of it, a matching stool in front of it, and a small table stood next to it with a few books. To the left of the bedroom door was the entryway to the closet, which was filled to the brim of all sorts of clothing ranging from leather ripped pants to ancient elegant greek dresses. A desk covered with schoolwork was placed on the right side of the room, right in front of the balcony doors. In the corner of the right side of the room sat a large harp with a purple stool stood beside it. There was a drawer opposite from the harp that (y/n) kept other instruments. The balcony curtains were a light shade of pastel blue, and they were tied to the sides, allowing you to see the two set table and the fern you were growing outside there. The balcony had a great view of the modern-day city that Mount Olympus has become.

"I see that flowers are a theme in this household," Jay commented, looking around the room.

"I'm the grand-daughter of the goddess of harvest and the daughter of the goddess of spring," You smirked. "So yeah, flowers are needed everywhere".

"You also have the whole blue and purple theme going on" Evie gestured toward the entirety of the room. "I like it"

"Thank you". You smiled.

"No tv?" Carlos raised a brow, pointing to an empty wall that would be perfect to place a flat screen on. It was just in front of your bed, above the entry door, but instead, you planned on placing some portraits of your family in that space when you have the time.

"I'm not one for watching shows or playing video games," You shrugged. "I have a phone but I mainly spend my day in the gardens, practicing my powers".

"Magic is allowed in Olympus?" Mal questioned, sitting down at your desk, looking at your schoolwork.

"Well, the gods are still in charge of the weather." You sat on your bed. "They've been doing it for thousands of years, they're not going to stop now".

"Thousands of years?" Jay raised his brows, putting down an ancient vase of Agrabah, making sure the flowers don't fall or the water spill on the carpet.

"Gods are immortals" Ben answered him. "Nothing can really kill them besides themselves or some magical artifacts"

"Yup" You nodded your head.

"Then how old are you?" Carlos gestured toward you. The others turned to you once again.

"317" You smiled.

"And you still go to school?" Mal flipped a page of one of your notebooks.

"Olympus Academy covers many years of many civilizations" You rolled your eyes. "Plus, I'm considered to be a teenager along with Herkie and the rest of my cousins. Our appearances age slowly."