Chapter 36: Lovely Night

You took deep breaths, falling to the ground, feeling exhausted. The grip you had on your sword loosened. Hippolyta has been training you since the sun rose. Unlike Hestia, she was focusing on your brute strength. It's been a while since you've trained without magic. As a child, you've done so whenever you were with the twins or their other siblings. They helped you get stronger, but you've become rusty over the months as you were using your powers.

"Get up" Hippolyta sheathed her sword. She placed it by her horse, wrapping her wrists and hands with a cloth. You glanced at her. Great. Hand-to-hand combat.

"Can't we take a break?" You grunted as you got up.

"You can take a break when -"

"When I drop dead?"

Hippolyta rolled her eyes. "When I tell you. Now, come"

You wiped the sweat from your brow and pulled your hair out of your eyes. Hippolyta stood with her arms in a defensive position. She stared at you with a serious gaze. Letting out a sigh, you threw the first punch.

----

Hippolyta trained you all day with only three-minute breaks in between. During those breaks, Hestia had called you to see if you were going over to her house to train. You felt bad for lying to her. Hestia has been so kind to you. You've already sworn to be her apprentice. She's gotten more comfortable around people. You didn't want to lie to her but you knew that she wouldn't accept your training with Hippolyta. Your entire body felt sore during the afternoon, only turning numb when the sun began to set. You had fallen back to the ground again.

"We'll continue this every other day" Hippolyta walked over to her horse.

"What? I have assignments and Hestia -" You sat up to look at her.

"Don't worry. The rest of our training won't be all day like today" The woman smiled at you. "We'll meet early in the morning and after your classes. You'll still have time to meet Hestia and do your assignments"

You couldn't argue after that. She rode off before you could. You groaned, laying back on the ground. The sound of your phone ringing grabbed your attention. Can't I have a moment of peace? You grabbed your phone and answered the call. "What?"

"Someone sounds grumpy" Harry spoke. "Are ye done?"

"Yeah" You sighed. "I still don't understand what you're planning. We have curfew"

"Don't worry about it. I'm already on my way to get you, just wait a bit" He hung up the conversation. You stared at your phone screen. Don't worry about it, he said. That only makes you suspect him even more. I'm too tired for this.

----

You didn't have to wait that long for Harry. He was only fifteen minutes away when he called you. He laughed when he saw you laying on the ground, looking as if you were dead. You wanted to slap him but it felt like your entire body was made of heavy bricks whenever you moved. Thankfully, Harry was feeling like a gentleman today and decided to carry you back to his motorcycle.

"So are you going to tell me your plan?" You asked as he drove away.

"And ruin the surprise?" He glanced back at you with a smirk.

You rolled your eyes. "Can you at least tell me that you got permission to be out during curfew?"

Harry stayed silent.

"Harry"

"I was told that being in Bore-adon meant that I shouldn't tell lies to those I care about"