Chapter 12: Tartarus

Persephone passed through the crowd, shoving anyone who was in her way. Her mother was right behind her, yelling at everyone to move. Once the spring goddess reached the center of what the crowd was looking at, she gasped. What was once a sturdy cave is now a pile of rocks and dirt. Persephone's hands covered her mouth as her eyes began to water.

"Kore!" The goddess didn't look at the direction of her husband. Hades and the rest of his family rushed to Persephone's side. The man held his wife close to her. He spoke comforting words as people were digging through the debris of the cave.

"What happened here?" Demeter turned to Hades, glaring as she gestured toward the destruction. "Wasn't this your home? Why in Zeus' name was (y/n) here?"

"I am just as confused as you are" Hades glared at his mother-in-law. "I was in the underworld with Hadie. Maka was with Thanatos, Dion was at a party with sea nymphs, and Mel was with the spirits in her section. We all heard the news together"

"I don't care how (y/n) found the place. I just want her found" Persephone glared at the two.

"Mal!" The purple-haired girl turned to look at her group of friends. Jay, Carlos, and Evie rushed to her side. They were all covered in dirt.

"Anything?" She asked. They shook her head.

"Harry told us that he brought her here" Evie spoke in a soft tone. "He said that she needed to release some pent up emotions"

"Both of them were rushing out just when the cave began to disrupt but just as they were nearing the exit, she had pushed him out of the way when it all came down" Jay finished explaining.

"Then she should be near" Ben turned to glance at everyone.

"Yes, but Harry has been looking there nonstop," Carlos spoke, looking at the family. "(y/n) can't be found anywhere"

Persephone began to shake her head and cry. Hades continued to hold her tightly in his arms. Demeter turned her head, jaw clenching as she began to throw giant rocks to the side to look for her granddaughter. The children of Hades all looked at each other, not knowing what exactly they should do. Melinoe had crossed her arms. Mal took notice of how stoic Melinoe's expression was. There was no way of telling if she was worried or pleased about the news. Looking at Persephone, a thought came to the soon-to-be queen.

"I think I know how to find her" Mal grabbed everyone's attention. Her green eyes looked into her father's cold blue ones. "But it's going to involve my mother"

"Where the bloody hell is she?!" Harry yelled in frustration. Since he had called everyone and told them what happened, he's been doing his hardest to find you. Uma and Gil watched their friend yell at dwarves and goblins.

"Harry, calm down" Uma grabbed hold of her first mate's arm and pulled him to the side. "She's immortal, a thing like this can't kill her. She's fine"

"Yes, but she's not here" The pirate pointed at the sight before them with his hook. "She was right here and now she's gone!"

"She probably vanished before being crushed by the rocks" Gil lifted a boulder off the ground, revealing a scorched mark that no one had taken notice of. The mark was in the shape of a flower. Uma and Harry glanced at the mark then at their friend.

"Gil, you're a genius!" Uma smiled and patted the boy's shoulder.

"Come on, let's go tell the others" Harry grabbed his friends' shoulders and the three rushed to tell the family of gods.

Maleficent's castle stood to look over the Isle. It was currently being redone like the rest of the island. Mal and her friends held each other's hands as they glanced at the building. The castle is now the residence of their parents, meaning if Maleficent was there, so was the rest of their parents. They glanced at each other as they walked inside with the others behind them.