Chapter 1

"Wake up, sleepyhead," said mother, her soothing voice was always the start. I woke up, moaning, knowing that I have to get up and meet Ikkaku for our daily walk around the Soul Society, well, it's a good thing that I'm now under Toshiro Hitsugaya's command, but it is a start and hopefully I can chose Renji to replace Ikkaku. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, yawned really big, I heard a voice saying, "My, my, did you sleep well last night." "I haven't slept in that long for as long as I can remember, I'm glad that I switched over here," I said to Rangiku, "I hope I can switch Ikkaku for Renji." "You can do that," said Toshiro, "But I'll doubt Ikkaku would like that." "He never talks to me," I said, "I hate silence, it drives me crazy." "You didn't mind the woodland creatures," said Rangiku, "You were there for like 5 hours." "I love being surrounded by nature," I said, "Ikkaku left me because I told him that I'll head back when I want to leave." "Yeah, you are certainly a nature lover," said Toshiro, "Sadly, you can only do fire." "I was hoping to be more than just a Pyro," I said, "I don't care if it's not fire, I want to test my power on other elements not just fire." "Akari Itsuki, let's not have this argument again," ordered Captain Hitsugaya. I walked out, huffing out fire smoke, I met up with Ikkaku, then noticed he was walking away, I waited for someone to join me on this walk, Renji joined me by saying, "Let me guess you had another argument with Captain Hitsugaya huh?" "It's not fair at all, Renji," I said to him, "Why should I be the only one who is being forced to only focused on Fire base stuff?"

"Do what you always do," said Renji, "Do it anyways, that's how you get people to listen that you can do so much better. After all, I am getting the feeling that your mother, Shadow Phoenix, isn't the only one who is wanting to be wielded by you." "Do you mean that there is a chance that I'm an elemental wielder?" I asked. Renji said, "You could be, though it could be all in your head and she is leaving you astray." Then he felt a big smack on the side of his head, he sees her, she tells me, "My wisdom is never wrong, Abarai! Don't make me regret for liking you for being my daughters shield!" "Right, sorry," he said, scared that she will whip out a fire ball. She can do that, if angered enough, which is why I am so passionate about fighting so I can calm her anger down a great deal so she can focus on what she is doing and how it is affecting me. We did the walk, the path where I spotted the hatchet, at that point we stopped, Renji asked, "Where was this machete you saw?" "Let me see if its still there," I said. I lead the way and sure enough it was still there, I pointed at it, Renji came over, looked at where I was pointing, walked up to it, "I'm going to try and pull it out." As he said that, some vines came up behind him, I pointed above him, "Look out, Renji!" "Huh, Whoa!" he exclaimed, getting out the way. Mother tells me, "You go and try to pull it out. See if it does anything to you."

I walked up to it, Renji asked, "Are you sure you want to pull this out?" "I mean, I got to see if that happens to me as well," I said, putting my hand on the handle of the hatchet. I was waiting for some vines to come out the same way they did when Renji was saying that he was going to pull it out. I managed to pull it out, I waited for something to happen, so did Renji, but nothing seems to be happening, I'm guessing the vines didn't like Renji saying that and the vines liked that I didn't say anything. I put the hatchet on my right hip and said, "Let's go back to the barracks and back to our own business." "Are you still secretly reading about Water and Air?" asked Renji. I nodded, "All I need to find is a book of all earth stuff, element wise." "Be careful of getting caught," said Renji, "You might end up getting those taken away from you." "They are only books about the creatures that travel in the air and live in the water," I said, "They are not spell books. Plus my new book is about all of the big cats, Toshiro did not seem to mind." "So you told him," Renji said, "That's good news." "I know on how much of a blabbermouth you can be," I said, "So I'm not telling you on what element I have been working on." "Dang it, I was hoping for you to do so," said Renji. I can't help but giggle at his failed attempts, when we got back, I hid the machete underneath my desk where I can fit pretty much anything.