Chapter 22- All for You

***BELATED MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!***

 NOTE AGAIN:

I have not been updating much because I am very busy with work. Recently got promoted and got even busier. I dont have time to write at all and I miss it terribly. Thank you for those not flooding my inbox with questions as to when I am going to update. Seriously guys, if I knew when, it would have been posted already. *sighs* Hahaha. Anyway, happy new year! Hope this will be a great one for all of us. :)

 P.S. I got a new boyfriend too. Haha. Goodbye 2 years of being single! XD

CHAPTER 22- ALL FOR YOU

The Meadow of the Immortal Flower
Somewhere in Mount Olympus

-Zeus-

“My knees hurt!” Hermes cried.

I rolled my eyes and kept a steady pace. My own muscles hurt but a complaint never escaped my lips. This quest was for Hera and I would gladly do anything for her.

“My back hurts!” Hermes complained.

I turned around to shout at him but Poseidon beat me to it. “Shut it, boy!” he hissed. I heard Hades and Ares snicker and saw Hermes glare at both of them. Hades just shrugged and his face showed that very annoying smirk of his. Ares’ hand went to the strap in his back where his battleaxe was sheathed.

Needless to say, Hermes instantly shut up.

“I just have a question,” Hermes piped up after we walked down a steep hill. “What?” Dionysus asked.

“We’re gods and all but why can’t we use our powers to find that freakin’ flower? And now that we’ve found it why can’t we teleport back?”

His words actually sounded more like a whine than a question.

Hades was the one who answered. “Because we cannot use magic directly while we are near the Immortal Flower. It will die and then we will have to do it over again.”

Hermes turned to look at me and so did the others. “That’s right,” I told them.

“How come it can live on Olympus? We always use our powers there,” Ares asked.

I sighed and rubbed my hand on my face. Why did I have to bring these buffoons with me?

“They will live in Hera’s garden. The fountain in her chambers are a gift from Demeter. All flowers thrive there. Even this magical one,” I answered.

That placated the others and there were another few moments of blissful silence.

“I have another questi—“ Hermes began.

“Oh for the love of all that’s holy!” Poseidon shouted.

“This is a serious one,” Hermes replied. He walked ahead and was directly beside me. “What is it?” I asked.

“Why are we suddenly on this gods-forsaken quest to find the immortal flower? We’ve spent hours finding it! And we’re spending even more hours to walk back because we cannot use magic.”

Hades slapped Hermes on the back. “Because my brother here is in love. And for love, people do the craziest things.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Thanatos smile. The god of Death who was always so forlorn and grim actually smiled.