Chapter 39- Forever and Ever

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED IT!***

Guys... This is already the last chapter. And then the epilogue (which I will post soon) and then this story is over. OMG. The freakin' feels! I can't. Huhuhu.

Prepare tissues!

CHAPTER 39- FOREVER AND EVER

The Courtyard
Zeus' Palace
Mount Olympus

-Hera-

"The day we met, frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I've found a home
For my heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubts
Suddenly goes away somehow..."

We always find the things we lose.

In this world, it's inevitable that we lose things. In the world of immortals, it's almost a sure thing. When you live forever, you lose so much. You lose mortal friends for their lives are like the blink of an eye. You lose time. You lose fashion trends, civilizations and so much more!

But after losing these things... there comes new things.

When the Greek civilization fell, a new one emerged. And that's where change and evolution comes from. When you lose a friend... of course, it's sad. But then you gain new ones. You go on living and keep hoping for the best.

Ummm... So where am I heading with this?

Sorry for babbling. I'm just super nervous.

"One step closer..."

Well, that's my cue.

One foot in front of the other, Hera. Come on, you can do this.

I stared at the bouquet of white roses I have in my hand and inhaled. I exhaled as I took my first step.

We lose things... but then we find them again sometimes.

That's the case with me and Zeus. I had him before and it was a time I will never forget. A curse separated us for millenia. And during this time, I've experienced countless heartache, regret, sadness, anger, hopelessness and so much more!

At one point I even considered giving up. But deep inside me, there was hope. I never lost hope.

And here we are...

"I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more."

I lifted my head and took the time to look around my surroundings.

The courtyard was totally transformed for today's event. Everything was blinding white except for the read carpet I was standing on. It was a very long aisle—just like the events that led to this moment. It took a long time and there were many twist and turns but look at where we are now.

I kept walking slowly and passed the first thin marble columns. These columns head up arches and the arches were filled with white roses that provided a perfumed canopy above us. And everywhere around us, rose petals kept on falling.

It was beautiful.

It was surreal.

"And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more..."