Chapter 35- A Clean Slate?

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! IF YOU ARE READING THIS OFFLINE, YOU CAN STILL VOTE AND IT WILL BE SYNCED WHEN YOU HAVE WIFI CONNECTION AGAIN. THANKS!***

Dear readers,

Hello! I told you I'm back. Haha. I did this as soon as I could. Sorry it took some time. Was editing How to be a Queen. Thinking about self-publishing this early next year. Maybe soon you can get your copies from Amazon. Haha. Hoping everything goes well!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who celebrated with me last chapter! Love you guys. You're awesome. <3

And as a treat to you guys, I made this chapter longer. Please no more complaints of it being a short one.

Thanks!

Regards,

AerithSage

___________________________________

CHAPTER 35- A CLEAN SLATE?

The Throne Room
The Underworld Palace
The Underworld

-Hera-

"Hades, my patience is running thin."

"Hera--"

"I told you before that I'm sure. I wouldn't ask you how if I wasn't. Now get on with it."

"But..."

Truly, this was getting tedious. I closed my eyes and prayed that the universe grants me more patience to tolerate this day. As my temper spiked, my powers reacted. Usually, it was wind who reacted to my volatile temper.

But since we were at the Underworld and there was no wind here, the temperature reacted instead. It dropped several degrees making all hair on my body stand on end.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Aurea shiver and Thanatos extended his wings and wrapped one around her. I sighed. Seeing that scene triggered a memory. It was of me and Zeus on our first night at Olympus as we gazed across the stars.

When the sun set, it got too cold and I shivered. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. We just stayed like that for a long while. No words passed between us. We just basked in the beauty of our new home, our surroundings, and the beautiful night sky.

My temper cooled at the memory and the temperature rose several degrees.

"Fine, then. First you have to draw on your power. Keep calling it until you are close to unleashing all of it... Like calling on a storm and then holding back its power."

That was easy. The last time I did this was when Erebus killed Zeus. But there was a huge emotional factor that time. Maybe I could just think of that particular scene and be able to call on my powers in its purest form again?

"Hold it back until you've called on all of it. That moment's critical for it's when your very essence, that which makes us gods, are tied into our power. Half of that essence is what you'll be transferring to Zeus."

I nodded. At the same time, I prepared myself. Calling on one's powers is the easy part. Holding it back was hard. It was like building a dam in the middle of raging waters. Success depended on the dam and not on the strength or weakness of the waters for it was a force of nature and one that cannot be controlled.

I was the dam and I had to make this work.

"How do I transfer it?"

"Just touch him. When we die, our souls don't separate from our bodies like mortals do. We were created into this body and this is our form. We take this form even in death. Hold him to transfer half of your essence in him."