Chapter 16- Don't Let Go

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!***

Sorry it took a while to update. Been busy with work and was addicted to writing my newest story, Distance Is Just A Number which I wrote for my Filipino followers. For a long time on Wattpad, people thought me to be American. I'm just so happy that people now know that I am a Filipino. And proud to be one. :)

CHAPTER 16- DON’T LET GO

The Same Day
The Throne Room
Mount Olympus

-Zeus-

“How do you know that it’s Erebus?” I asked Hades.

“He did leave a very blatant message,” Hades answered. He waved his hand and shadows poured from it and headed straight towards the middle of the throne room where a small pool lay. The shadows went to the fountain and the water turned black.

Poseidon and I stepped closer. The pool showed a dark alley and a body was behind one of the big trash cans. It was of a boy with dark hair. With his head bowed, he looked so much like Hades’ son, Aidon.

Hades waved his hand again and the view moved closer. The boy didn’t have any shirt on and carved on the skin right above his heart was Erebus’ mark: an infinity loop with a straight line bisecting the middle.

My fists clenched as I realized what the mark meant. Whoever held Erebus’ mark lost their soul. When a mortal dies, their shade goes to the Underworld where they will be judged about their life and then given a fitting afterlife.

But this?

No more afterlife for the poor boy.

Poseidon cursed. “Am I the only one who realizes that this looks like Aidon?” he asked.

“No,” Hades said through gritted teeth. “I know that this is a deliberate threat to my family,” he snarled.

“Place the Underworld on lockdown. Ask Aidon and Aurea not to leave the palace,” I told Hades.

“Already did that.”

“And Aerith?”

“She’s with Amphitrite and Hera. Don’t worry, I’ve sent my best guards with them. And we’ll be following them shortly.”

“What about Erebus’ trail? Any more clues as to where he is?” Poseidon asked.

“None. Only bodies like this scattered across the globe,” Hades replied.

“Any particular place where there are more of these bodies among the other ones?” I asked.

“None,” Hades replied.

I cursed under my breath. Those poor mortals whose souls were now lost forever, never getting a taste of their rightful afterlife. Also, this is very bad for the balance of the Underworld will be upset.

“What do we do now?” Poseidon asked.

“He’s going to have a reason behind all of this. Or a goal. He’ll reveal himself when he’s ready. For now, if we really don’t have a trail, we can’t do anything. Just tell all the other gods and goddesses to watch their backs. Always be on guard for we don’t have any idea when Erebus will attack,” I replied.

“I’ll tell Hermes and he can tell the others,” Poseidon said. I nodded. I heard the familiar sound of the ocean as waves crashed on the façade of a rocky cliff. After that, Poseidon was gone.